Fuel pump options.

My fuel pump has packed up unfortunately, it initially started but shortly before moving (fortunately) it coughed, spluttered, died and refused to start again. All electrics right up to the terminal below the rear seat to the tank work fine so it looks like its the fuel pump. I've read over a few forums regarding this issue, it's uncommon but identical to what others have experienced and resulted in a fuel pump replacement. The cars out of warranty by a year so I've been quoted £248 from Renault for the part itself which I plan on getting fitted by my trusted local garage. I've scoured the web and to my surprise there's is practically no alternative options eg Bosch, Walbro etc. The closest I got was contacting a company called IJWalsh which had a Marwal catalogue with the Clio 197 pump listed but they don't supply to UK residents and even if they did they only supply large quantities to businesses:glare:

Is there any alternative's out there? Also would the fuel filter need replacing or is it included as part of the pump assembly?

Ach doesn't mateer, Karl aka TwingoGeeko sorted me out with a pump (cheers mate :clap:smile:. Also he mentioned something so obvious that I hadn't even considered - I had driven the car very low on fuel not long ago, it's possible some crap at the bottom of the tank simply gunked up the pump/filter. I guess in most cases people get away with it but hey ho. Guess the projectors I planned on getting will have to wait.:s