Fuel Pump needs replacing, go uprated?

19Zen

Platinum Member
It looks like my fuel pump has gone, just wondering if it's worth going for an uprated walbro while I'm there?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a think about it and it's unnecessary, I've ordered one up from Renault and should have it swapped next week. I'm not looking forward to dropping the tank but may just do a bit of weight saving to get the pump out from the top.

It's the first time the cars let me down in almost 10 years of ownership so not bad going really, the garage the recovery guy spoke to said they've seen a few go on the MkIII.

Thanks for the link. I brimmed the tank 2 days ago yet it only showed as 3/4 full on the gauge so think it is def related to the pump/level sensor but will have another look tonight. I need to brush up on my electronic diag skills but will check the pressure at the rail like foxspeed suggested in that thread.

They are supposed to be changed at 140,000 miles which I reckon is 14 years if you don’t reach that mileage.

I'm @ ~70K so half that but the cars almost 12 years old so not far off age wise.

Incidentally it was run to the low fuel level warning for the first time in a while recently, which may have given it the kiss of death.

It's only ever been run on V-Power from 4K- 70k, apart from when I tried a supermarket brand 99ron once and it bunny hopped out the petrol station!