Fuel filter

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
sup
is any1 here have changed his fuel filter?(inline type) not the one inside the pump .
Just plug out /plug in?or its more complicated than that?

yep thats right - will either have quick release fittings - ones you squeeze to pull apart - or will use small hose clamps

you may have to let the fuel pressure out at the fuel rail before changing it and the system does not have a return so
there is some pressure in the line all the time

And how i do this?
when i take out the used filter, let the pipe spill out fuel or i need to hold it tight (make sure it doesnt spill out fuel )and then connect the new filter and thats it ?

Last edited:
And how i do this?
when i take out the used filter, let the pipe spill out fuel or i need to hold it tight (make sure it doesnt spill out fuel )and then connect the new filter and thats it ?

make sure its not been run/driven for a while - gives it chance for the pressure to drop - just be prepared for fuel under pressure when you unplug the filter

other alternative is to release the pressure at the fuel/injector rail

make sure its not been run/driven for a while - gives it chance for the pressure to drop - just be prepared for fuel under pressure when you unplug the filter

other alternative is to release the pressure at the fuel/injector rail
alright
ill just let the car cool down for about an hour before i replace it ,thanks:smile:
TBH its not that necessary the car done only 40k miles.
But for the peace of mind...

Clios in other countries did. Perhaps due to the fuel quality over there

The inline one(seperated filter) can be replaced(not fitted in all the countries).
The pump type requires a fuel pump change (which is expensive )but supposed to be replaced at 144k miles

So is there a one that can be replaced or not? I'm confused as I can see them on ebay.
Yes, but it's part of the fuel sender unit iirc. This should be replaced at 144,000 miles as said above. UK cars didn't come with a second inline filter.