Front radiator support corrosion

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
Just to give everyone a heads up regarding the front radiator support and the corrosion they seem to be susceptible to, if you are considering going to your local Renault dealer for an inspection of this part and hoping to have it covered by the anti corrosion and perforation warranty then do it as soon as possible.

Renault UK are only honouring this part under the above warranty until the 30th November 2018.

I do realise this heads up is very very last minute for most people so if you are thinking of approaching your local dealer - do it ASAP!

Does it have to be done and fitted by the 30th or just checked before then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I went for the inspection they said that it isnt considered a subframe, rather a support bracket. @-Eddie- what is the best way of going about this in your experience.

To my knowledge the repair has to be carried out no later than the 30th also.

@Gus - it does fall under ‘BODY’ so the dealer should view it in the same way as other panels, ie tailgate etc.

Reactions: Gus
Mine was replaced by Hurst's 2015 and the rust is there again although not dangerous is there any chance do you think.

Just to let everyone know, I followed the advise given in this tread and went to the local Renault dealership with my2012 Clio, service book (many stamps from independents), and a little bag of rusty debris that fell from my rad suppost for a corrosion warranty inspection. Guys handed the car back to me 20 mins later - washed.
Within a half hour I received a call to confirm that Renault UK would replace the offending part incl. fitting and gave me an option on suitable dates to have the work carried out.
No drama and couldn’t be more helpful.
Didn’t give a hoot about the car not being anywhere near standard and it’s obvious track orientated mods.

Just to let everyone know, I followed the advise given in this tread and went to the local Renault dealership with my2012 Clio, service book (many stamps from independents), and a little bag of rusty debris that fell from my rad suppost for a corrosion warranty inspection. Guys handed the car back to me 20 mins later - washed.
Within a half hour I received a call to confirm that Renault UK would replace the offending part incl. fitting and gave me an option on suitable dates to have the work carried out.
No drama and couldn’t be more helpful.
Didn’t give a hoot about the car not being anywhere near standard and it’s obvious track orientated mods.

That's pretty good of them, I've found some dealers to be alright when it comes to warranty. Renault in Orpington wouldn't entertain a warranty claim for it though when I asked in 2019. Surprising since my car has a full Renault service history and owned by me since new. I just wish Renault had specified a slightly higher quality part in the first place!

I've just replaced mine as wanted to give the car a bit of a spruce up whilst there. Waxoiled the new one and gave it another coat of subframe paint. Interesting to see how it lasts this time. Car is 2012 with about 10,000 miles of mostly summer driving. Old support was okay, bit of surface rust at front but a bit deeper on spot welds towards the rear support pins. Probably could have left it on for a few more years.