Front headlight change

d7reu

Paid Member
Time has come to change the front bulb. Are there any guides?

Should I change it for the standard original or should I get a LED replacement or HID kit?

MarcB

Paid Member
Bumper off - 20mins

Bulb change - 5mins

I would stick with standard bulbs but go for something like Osram Night Breakers.
I would not start messing about with LEDs and HIDs unless you have very very good quality that are going to last.

I would change all bulbs while bumper is off and headlights are out and then thats one whole job in its self completed as the last thing you want to be doing every few weeks is bumper off for one bulb or a flicking LED.

turkie172

Paid Member
I would stick to good quality standard rated bulbs because the LED lights seem to give off a lot of heat as they have some crazy coolers and you will end up damaging the Perspex lens, HID kits are a mess of wires and in non projector headlights a crazy thing to do, also the LED & HID kits are not that reliable just judging by the local £300 cars with £3000 of wheels and mods on them driving around with one headlight working or on full beam because none of the dipped beams work.

Frank Perry

Paid Member
I bought some projectors to replace the reflectors I had (headlights were £40 for the pair from ebay from a breakers) and I gave these a punt at £24.99 - I have to say, it has been almost a full 2 years and these have been fantastic. They have never given me a problem, always turned on, they warm up within seconds (<10 seconds). Knowing they are at £39.99 now, I would happily buy another set if I were to do the conversion on another car.

The only thing I would change is instead of 6000k, I should've gone 5000k. I updated the sidelights to these and the fogs are a cheap set of LEDs. The 6000k HIDs are ever so slightly blue compared to the LEDs which are pure white but they still match close enough and look great.

A few photos of the difference between stock/normal bulbs VS HIDs for you. Hope this helps!

Attachments

Reactions: DS197

Phil555

Paid Member
Apologies for the high jack.

I am also looking for some new bulbs for my 2009 RS200.

Can someone please let me know what fitment I need?

Main beam - ?
Dipped beam - ?

Mossy

Paid Member
Apologies for the high jack.

I am also looking for some new bulbs for my 2009 RS200.

Can someone please let me know what fitment I need?

Main beam - ?
Dipped beam - ?
H7’s for both on standard 200 lights.

On projectors it’s H1’s for dipped and H7’s for main.

Reactions: Phil555