Front fog light problem

Antti O

Gold Member
My right front foglight is some kind of collapsed inside. Maybe best way to describe the problem is that the part where fog light is bolted is loose from bumper. I hope you understand.

Now the question is, do i have to remove front bumper for access to fog light or is inner wing removal all i need to do?

Many thanks

Picture:

full.jpg

My experience from fitting blanks is that it can be done without removing the bumper but the windscreen washer bottle is on that side so it's a bit tight.

It was easier to remove the front half of the wheel splash guard once the wheel was off then you can get one hand in to remove or re tighten the two bolts holding the lamp in.

HTH.

theres also a metal clip hold the fog lamp bracket to the rear of the bumper - mine looked like that when i hit a pheasant :thumbdown:

I think problem is that bracket.
Should there be some kind of metal clip holding it in place?

full.jpg

Okay, my bracket is little bit of broken but i think the new metal clip will do fine. Many thanks, i have to order that part from renault tomorrow.

asked from my local renault dealer and that clip is not listed in any catalog and it is not available :worried:

asked from my local renault dealer and that clip is not listed in any catalog and it is not available :worried:

must be available as its fitted to the car....

how would a renault dealership repair a clio if it had the same issue....just leave it...think not!

Thread dig I know, how did you get the clips. Can't find them anywhere!!

I didn't it laid on the front engine cover....

not sure if you can get them - need to speak to a Renault parts person who knows their clips from clamps!

I do have a spare one of them clips. I bought a fog light from a breakers and they gave me the bracket which has a clip attached to it.

I do have a spare one of them clips. I bought a fog light from a breakers and they gave me the bracket which has a clip attached to it.

Which side fog did you get? i'm after a passenger side bracket if your selling