Front Coil Springs

Hope one of you can point me in the right direction.
Front coil spring has just broken and I am going to replace both at the same time.

Car is a 197 sport 2007 -

I ordered two new online from a parts supplier based on the reg plate and they turned up .. too big
Looking for advice on where to get them ..

Pictures attached of the ones fitted already top and new one is the bottom one
Actual sizes on the existing are about 30cm length by 13-14cm width at the middle .. any ideas?

spring1.jpg

Deffo doesn't look right to me

Have they sent you the springs for a 2.0 clio dynamique

That is not a RS spring. You will need to know the coloured markings on the spring to get the correct part And from memory they are about £150 each for the front springs. If you replace with genuine parts you will only require to replace the one that's broken but non gen you will have to replace both fronts.

Last edited:
So the next question is .. can I replace all the standards with lowered springs and keep the same shocks? If so by how much ? 30mm ?

Sorry for all the questions . but I am about as mechanically minded as a chipmunk ..

So the next question is .. can I replace all the standards with lowered springs and keep the same shocks? If so by how much ? 30mm ?

Sorry for all the questions . but I am about as mechanically minded as a chipmunk ..

Yes, provided your shocks are in good order. H&R and Eibach are your big name options. Cook Sport also do springs for the 197. You should get a set for around £180-£200 from any of the 3 I mentioned.

Yes, provided your shocks are in good order. H&R and Eibach are your big name options. Cook Sport also do springs for the 197. You should get a set for around £180-£200 from any of the 3 I mentioned.

Thanks for the advice again . went with the cooks