Front Bumper Chips!

Rishi

Platinum Member
I just washed my 197 for the 1st time & noticed quite a few stone chips on the front bumper, little spots where it's missing paint. I'm suprised that there was so many, to the extent im thinking the previous owner had a new bumper put on there with a cheap paint job, as surely a ff bumper painted by renault would have thicker paint than this?

Would like to hear from some of you with ff 197 bumpers, preferably albi blue.

Also, do renault sell touch up kits?

Thanks!

full of stone chips is mine
prob everyone elses as well if its been driven

they are (as standard) seriously bad for stone chips....mines low miles but its still got loads and when back from every drive out there are new ones :nope:

Doesnt matter if its an ff bumper, supergaurded (mine was from new) they still chip so easy! Renault paint is so thin. Best remedy is stay off peoples arses. Mines not that bad, most of mine were caused by a jag roaring past me on a newly laid road and spitting them up at me. Other wise i dont collect that many.

Just something u have to learn to live with :worried:

lol check out the "stone chips" thread i posted a few weeks back. mine may aswell be primer coloured 197.

If you get some high carnauba wax you can reduce them dramatically.

I top up the problem areas often and my car is definitely under average for it's mileage.

Also big LOL at supagard...supa turd more like.

Mine has loads...worst thing about it is that it's deep black with white primer...:thumb1: not sure what French genius thought of that one, but they should be shot...