Front brake line routing

Evening all,

Can anyone confirm the routing of the front brake hoses? (With pics maybe?)
Previous owner replaced the lines with hell braided hoses but I think he’s routed them incorrectly. They’ve been rubbing on the inside edge of the alloy on full lock and started to wear. Now I’ve switched alloys there’s a wheel weight on the inside which is catching.

I’ve switched the little clip around which is holding hose a little further back but they’re still catching.

My question is should the hose route behind the drop link?

I think this would naturally hold the hose back away from the edge of the wheel.
At the moment I’ve gently cabled tied them out of the way but that’s obviously not the best soloution.

Cheers.

That’s a bit different to mine. Mine have a screw clip on the top and I don’t think have the two clips that you are routing through. (Mines an 07 if that makes any difference). Yours seem to hold the line back much further from the wheel and closer to the damper.

Interesting to note you’re in front of the drop link though.

I assume the person who did yours use a P-clip only holding it in 1 place? If so yep that is exactly what I wanted to avoid for the reasons you said, to stop the line rubbing, many people have had problems with it rubbing on wheels as not lengthened correctly at full lock both ways.

Spot on.

I see taking another look at your pic thats a bracket with the two clips on, is that standard?
I have the two rubber bits on the hose to clip in, but not the bracket itself.

Spot on.

I see taking another look at your pic thats a bracket with the two clips on, is that standard?
I have the two rubber bits on the hose to clip in, but not the bracket itself.

Yep it's the OEM bracket that comes on standard lines, you cannot buy them separately, you have to buy them with the lines, so best bet is seeing if someone is breaking a car and buy the brackets off them. You then put like you said the rubber sleeves on and clamp it closed once you're happy with the distance.

It bolts on that bolt your current P-clip is.

Reactions: TheRealDaveHedgehog
Does anyone know if the bracket is specific to the RS models or if it’s the same on all Clio’s?

finding any brackets at a breakers seems to be something of a challenge.
I’ve also heard nothing back from RPD on new OEM lines!

Does anyone know if the bracket is specific to the RS models or if it’s the same on all Clio’s?

finding any brackets at a breakers seems to be something of a challenge.
I’ve also heard nothing back from RPD on new OEM lines!

Normal Clios have different knuckle designs, so it might be same on a Mégane 225 or maybe even 250/265

Reactions: TheRealDaveHedgehog