200: Fresh shoes on this weekend!

I never tend to push it in the wet, but there's been the odd occasion I've noticed some understeer when the roads have been wet/greasy - usually coming off a roundabout and accelerating early. It's only been slight and I put that down to the condition of the roads rather than the tyres, but I can see what you mean.

Yeah I find this too, sharp corners where a slight bit of grip is lost.

Yeah I find this too, sharp corners where a slight bit of grip is lost.

I think I've understeered three times noticeably during my time of ownership. that moment of praying/panicing where you wait for the grip to kick back before you're on the other side of the road!

I also went with a new set of shoes recently. The previous owner had a mix of LingLong Ditchfinder5000's and Wan King Skidmaster Extreme... So they went in the skip in favour of a set of Yokohama Advan Sport V105's. I read loads of reviews about tyres and although Continental got good reviews for the RS Clio, I wanted something with awesome wet weather performance and the Yoko's seem to get great reviews.

£87 a corner, not bad in my mind. My local tyre fitting establishment wanted £103 a corner for Conti CSC5's. If the Yoko's turn out to be shite then I'll switch to Conti's when they wear out :smiley:

Reactions: Jimmy
Fresh shoes have been put on, wallet feels lighter and car feels grippier.

Managed to go round a roundabout without the fear of understeer/the back end throwing me in the nearest ditch.

Hopefully driving in the wet will be less of a traumatic experience also!

Good to hear you're happy with the tyres Ross. A new set always seems to make such a big difference when you get them on, well worth spending the money on them!

Reactions: RossWoods93

Managed to go round a roundabout without the fear of understeer/the back end throwing me in the nearest ditch.

Bet it's like night and day pal :smile:

Worth the empty wallet to not be in the nearest hedge!

What flavour did you go for in the end Ross ?

Stuck with the ContiSport Contact 5, maybe next time it comes to change them I can assess what's out there better!

Stunning rubber IMO. Pilot Sport 4 MAY be better. Nothing else comes close (To these two tyres) according to numerous tests.

Rest assured you MAY not have the very-very best - but theres 100's of worse choices out there.

Fabulous in the wet especially........

i know the meganes are completely different but ive got pilot sport 4s and they're mega but at this time of the year you can easily get into a 4 wheel slide. roads are just covered in shite.

i know the meganes are completely different but ive got pilot sport 4s and they're mega but at this time of the year you can easily get into a 4 wheel slide. roads are just covered in shite.
Tights roundabouts are great fun for 4 wheel slides at this time of year. I love how playful the car is but also very forgiving