Freezer transport advice

Ive just bought a brand new American fridge freezer and I'm going to pick it up on Saturday (about 100 miles away. Ive got a vauxhall vivaro and the freezer won't stand up in the back of the van, will it be ok to lay it down without damaging the internals?

Bit random I know lol

yes it should be ok Gaz,

just make sure you stand it upright when you get back for a while before you plug it in mate.

haha jesus! supprised it didnt tip up lol. ive read somewhere that it i leave it stood up for a few hours before plugging in it should be fine! cheers Chappo

look on the back of the fridge - sometimes theres a warning about laying them down - the motor sits on springs and when you lay them down the springs can dislodge and cause problems

i personnally wouldnt lay it down...

It's the same with TV, s they say don't lay them down, but I did with mine and it cost me over 2 grand it still works perfect.

When they wheel them out to you on a sack barrow they are half laying down anyway, lmfao

Not the best idea to lay it down, but if you have do it just leave it standing upright overnight before turning it on so the gas settles and you don't bugger the compressor up.

cant see a problem with laying it down just make sure it doesnt slide about :smile:

its all about the gas in the compressor, if it goes up some of the upright tubes and you turn it on it wont do it anygood, ie leave it upright after transport for good few hours to be safe

Similar Thread Suggestions