Florida Holidays

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Thinking of going to Florida next year for summer holidays. Looking at going in May as it should be slightly quieter and it rains less in May. Also, Jack will be under 2 years old so we wont have to pay full price for him.

We've been before and stayed in Hotels. Next year I'm thinking a villa however having never stayed in one I'm not sure.

Anyone been before and have suggestions as to the best places to stay?

Hey :smile:

I am going to Florida on the 21st June for 2 weeks and am staying in a Villa in Kissimmee.

My brother always does his Florida holidays separately not as part of a package but I found it cheaper in a package deal with Thomsons

I was told Kissimmee is the main Villla area for Florida ... but altogether as a package I paid around £3000 but that included a convertible car in Florida upgrade and upgraded seats.

I would defo use Thomsons though :smile: Very helpful and really looked around for the best deals on park tickets too

Its most definitely Thomsons we'd go with. I much prefer the security of a package deal as opposed to booking everything separately.

Kissimmee is closer to the Disney Parks than the Universal ones isnt it?

Yeaaahh it is ... But if you do a package then hiring a car isn't too much.
I don't know if they do coach drop offs to villa's?
It looks nice in kissimmee but I will let you know when I'm back :smile: will take some pics of the area so you know if its okay for your lil man :smile:

Iv just came back from Florida on the 12th, second time I have been both around the same time of year it's much better to go around now as it has the least amount of rain fall and the temp is still at least 30 degrees, plus it's pretty empty but weekends get busy, only thing I would say is get a hire car as I used public transport and it's extremely busy

Will definitely get a hire car this time as last we used the buses and taxes etc and it was tiresome.

At all of them with the exception of Disney less than ten mins, on the weekends I went either shopping or water parks as they get a fair bit busy with the locals going, but Disney was still pretty during the week, so wish I had got a hire car, carting a 1 year old with a pram on public transport is not fun

She did really well but it's just a pain in the ass having to keep her entertained on the bus all the way to Disney, takes over an hour but I wouldn't take her again till Shea old enough to remember/appreciate it

Quality inn on international drive, it would only take about 10 mins in the car but we had to get the I trolly down to the end of the strip then on a local bus service the wait between is about 10 mins

I see. I'm split between buena vista area and international drive if we opt for a hotel stay.

If we opt for a villa it'll be Kissimmee. Too many decisions lol.

Did hotels both times, not the best ones but we got a flat screen tv small kitchen and it was clean, don't spend much time in the room so don't really care what it's like just asking as it's clean, international drive is a great location but if your getting a hire care I don't think it will matter to much were you stay

I'm with you tbh. Most time is spent elsewhere and as long as its clean I'm not too bothered either tbh.

Both times I've been have been on international drive and it's benefit is there's lots to do etc.

I've been a few times and stayed on both international drive, and Kissimmee. Depends on if you drive or need shuttles. But I drive has everything you need.
I went on the 28th August and the ques were epic.... Had to wait less than 5 mins for every ride was brilliant!
I love it there! And the food is as epic as the rides lol

I been to Florida few years ago, think it was end of March when there. But it was bloody hot! lol

And it was fun :smile:

I went last August and stayed in saratago springs which is a Disney hotel! Absolutely loved it, park times weren't to bad tbh being as it was August!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate General Chat 5
sevenfourate General Chat 122
Chris General Chat 66
sevenfourate General Chat 34
Clairey-Lou Body Work and Exterior Lights 16