Fitting RS front splitter,(any tips)

Hi all

received my RS front splitter from karl today so thanks for that mate

i had a quick look through the instructions and some of the stages don't explain themselves to well,it appears you need to apply some sort of bonding agent that you don't get with the splitter???....if so guys what did you use?

just thought i'd ask as i don't want any gaps between the splitter and the bumper,

any help is much appreciated,cheers

scott

if you fit it right it fits without any gaps and doesnt need bonding on - i just used screws through the tabs on the splitter that go where the old rubber lip went

No bonding required. Screws will be more than enough.

cool cheers rogue,did you just use the 4 self tappers provided?

there seems to be room to fit more if you wish thats all

another question sorry mate,did you get away with leaving the wheels on?...the thing is i thought about putting the car up on ramps for easy access to drill for the self tappers but obviously can't do that with no wheels on

if you fit it right it fits without any gaps and doesnt need bonding on - i just used screws through the tabs on the splitter that go where the old rubber lip went

cheers si,i think i'll start in the middle and work my way around to the edges to try and prevent any gaps

guessing a second set of hands would be useful to fit it?

cheers si,i think i'll start in the middle and work my way around to the edges to try and prevent any gaps

guessing a second set of hands would be useful to fit it?

yeh thats the way - if no extra hands i used some tank tape :thumbup1:

Just make sure it's lined up and sits equally either side by the wheel arches before you start pumping screws in. You really don't want to have to re drill the sides.

Just make sure it's lined up and sits equally either side by the wheel arches before you start pumping screws in. You really don't want to have to re drill the sides.

okie dokie cheers bud

sorry did you get away with fitting it with the wheels on then?

You can't you need to take the arch liner off to bolt the splitter from the insides.