Fitting Rear Beam Bushes

burrellbloke

Paid Member
I had some purple Powerflex rear beam bushes delivered today. They are massive.

I have looked around but cannot seem to find a decent guide on how to fit them.

I am hoping this is a job I can do without removing the rear beam, but just dropping the beam when removing the rear dampers?

If there are any guides out there can you please post a link? Alternatively if you have done this job before could you give me an idea of what to do?

I was in the same boat when doing mine.

But it's actually a very simple job. I removed the whole thing so I could paint up the beam & make it look nice haha

But I went out on the drive and it took me about an hour and a half by myself, starting at about 8pm mid July on my back. (To remove)

It would probably be doable without removing the lot but you'll need to watch the brake lines & obviously support the beam.

Plus from what I've seen, I don't think that one of the 18mm bolts that goes through the bush won't come out all the way because of the fuel tank. So you have no choice but to remove the 3x16mm bolts holding to the body anyway on that side.

In terms of removing the bush, a good method is just drilling a hole down the side of the bush (more so the green race) I probably used an 8mm drill bit or thereabouts & just took a hammer to the bush & it flew straight out. Then the new ones slid in by hand with the grease.

To remove the lot it's a case of shocks, brake lines, 3 x 16mm bolts at each side and lowering down effectively. It's simple enough

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 19Zen