First Meet....

First Meet...typical for me, arrived late. Isn't it funny how people are not what you expect them to be or look like (not sure what I expected TBH). Wife and kids couldn't stop laughing sayin watching me arrive at the meet would have been like the scene from Blazin' Saddles as the new Sheriff rode into town....lol

Also I wondered what happens when Renaultsport owners get together? Makes you wonder why owners gravitate to certain cars? When I grow up, will I smoke a pipe, wear aran jumpers and drive a V6 Clio?

I'm looking forward to FCS and must say really nice meeting some sound people and made me remember that in all the discussion, debate and occasional fall out on the forum, never take yourself too seriously, one one is the well of all knowledge, try new things and don't bow to peer pressure if it looks or feels good to you cause owning a Clio is all about having fun.....Bet you wouldn't see a V6 with skulls on the back. Fernandez, I salute you..lol

Last edited:
Litchy, you were certainly fashionably late! I kept saying I was going to leave but I'm glad I stuck around. Was nice to meet you and loved the trim on your wheel and clock surround.

We've got a great little community here. I hope it lasts :smile:

See you at FCS! :smile:

Don't be late to that one - In fact, sign up to the clio197.net camping team :smile:

Litchy, it's funny you say that, we we're all sitting in the food tent awaiting your arrival. The men from Renault were packing everything away around us, a subtle hint I think for us to do one.

As we were freezing our tits off we moved into the other tent that had a heater, vehicles were leaving the car park and just as some tumbleweed rolled across the tarmac in came a bright yellow stead, the new sheriff had finally arrived... I dont think anyone else that day had a welcoming committee quite like you did, you may have been late but you did it in style. Lol

Was really good to see the car and I love all the little things that maketh your motor so good. The French car show is going to be a fantastic day and hopefully everyone will turn up to make it a day to remember, as DX has just said it's the people that make it so good and it's the people that make it a community.

Roll on FCS

Excellent write up that is about meeting people that you talk to on forums you kind of make a mental picture of what they look like etc etc in your mind when you finally meet them they look nothing like it :smiley:

Roll on FCS, as mike said we have a great little community! Im sure the laughter will continue :smile:

I'm quite a new member, but I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone :smiley: can't wait for FCS, been the last two and its been great both times, do 197/200 owners club have their own stand? :smile:

Feelin' very guilty....Jonesy. After seein that clio of yours I NEED coilovers...dam these meets are going to be expensive!!!!

Feelin' very guilty....Jonesy. After seein that clio of yours I NEED coilovers...dam these meets are going to be expensive!!!!

A must litchy! After you hear mine, a charger might be on the list as well lol!!