197: First Impressions - A weekend with my new French Mistress

Great write up fella and nice to be comparing it against some of the cars you've had previously.
Health to enjoy!

A standard 197 wheel (with the red band) will fit no bother, straight swap. All you do is get one off eBay what not, remove the cruise buttons, use your airbag, job done. It's exactly what I've done.

Dont bother with the exhaust tips, they ruin the look IMO ;-)

Have the belts been done. if your not aware it's a 5 year/75k service, which ever is sooner. Imperative it's done if not.

Excellent write up mate, I'm glad you are enjoying it, these machines are truly brilliant driver cars and a bargain for what they offer.

Now, something is definitely wrong with the wiper motor, it shouldn't do these tricks.

The FF steering wheel should fit just fine:smile:

Now stick up some pics!

Lovely write up. I have some black diamonds that i bought from that seller but have never used as decided I didn't like them on. Chuck me a tenner for postage and a beer and you can have them. PM me your address if you want them.

Lovely write up. I have some black diamonds that i bought from that seller but have never used as decided I didn't like them on. Chuck me a tenner for postage and a beer and you can have them. PM me your address if you want them.

Defo have them - PM sent

Cheers guys - will sort out some pics of my toys once I learn how to on my pc...

Completely off topic but that cat in your pic has gotta be around 175lb!?

146lb deceiving as the tails are wide but not much to them. Recon it could swallow a football tho.

U fish? Always in Essex fishing and shooting.

Ah not a bad guess then!

Sure do mate but haven't had a chance to for a while. Found a lovely place over in East Grinsted called "Tanyards Farm. Would recommend it!

U live in Essex but u fish in East Grinstead.. So many good waters round ur way... Where are you anyway?

with baby no2 on the way dont look like im gonna get out much this season, or probably next...