197: Finished????

Just fitted Steve's Alcantara wheel, gaitor and knob set tonight at friends garage. We discussed the 'what next' and came to the conclusion I've finished the clio project.....What a strange feeling. Its taken 6 months to finish what took me 4 years in the BM.
Everything else I was thinking of changing I fear may just ruin what is my 'fun' daily driver and\or cost a fortune.....

Hmmm, that has come around very quickly! Did you not fancy the full interior then Litchy?

I can understand why you haven't continued the quest for power. It does seem to be a bottomless pit unless you swap the engine out (or supercharge it). Is there no temptation to do that depending on how the current conversions work out!?

Hmmm, that has come around very quickly! Did you not fancy the full interior then Litchy?

I can understand why you haven't continued the quest for power. It does seem to be a bottomless pit unless you swap the engine out (or supercharge it). Is there no temptation to do that depending on how the current conversions work out!?

Powers a strange thing, no matter how much you have its never enough....I put the charger in the bm and within a week, it was like it had always been there, and felt quite normal...power is so relative....

My cams may be for sale :wink:

Dam you Mike....thats like offering to meet a recovering alcoholic in the pub lol

Yeah I do know what you are saying about power. TBH you are better off buying a 60bhp diesel for the weekly runabout and having a 3x power boost on the weekend!

Yeah I do know what you are saying about power. TBH you are better off buying a 60bhp diesel for the weekly runabout and having a 3x power boost on the weekend!

The car was bought as a track day project but soon realised that more chance of 'hearing ducks fart' than finding the time to do more than 3 track days a year so changed my plans, and used it as a daily driver....no driven the family BM since.

Powers a strange thing, no matter how much you have its never enough....I put the charger in the bm and within a week, it was like it had always been there, and felt quite normal...power is so relative....

Dam you Mike....thats like offering to meet a recovering alcoholic in the pub lol

Lol!! They might be up soon so keep an eye out. And no I'm not selling the car and nothing else is going lol :tongueout:

Coz the supercharger runs better with standard cams, on a standard ecu it can't seem to deal with both together. Bit of a pi55er is they were only used for 2 weeks then been in the workshop ever since lol!! oh well.

Lol!! They might be up soon so keep an eye out. And no I'm not selling the car and nothing else is going lol :tongueout:

Coz the supercharger runs better with standard cams, on a standard ecu it can't seem to deal with both together. Bit of a pi55er is they were only used for 2 weeks then been in the workshop ever since lol!! oh well.

And within 20 min I'm back on the crack pipe.....lol.

Swings and roundabouts though....

You can't use cams but get a supercharger instead - I know which I would rather have :wink:

Swings and roundabouts though....

You can't use cams but get a supercharger instead - I know which I would rather have :wink:

Yeah exactly, its because they are so wild. Both good variants for different driving styles. I'll be gutted to sell them really as they are great and felt so good with them. But then i prefer all the wooshing and tsssshhing lol!

Yeah exactly, its because they are so wild. Both good variants for different driving styles. I'll be gutted to sell them really as they are great and felt so good with them. But then i prefer all the wooshing and tsssshhing lol!

Yeah it will be very good! I am sure that you will love it. I guess it is becoming more of a feasible alternative. I cant wait to see both variants at future shows! All we need now is a mental N/A machine to round it all off nicely!

its the old adage that NA is the expensive way to go slow...but you can have a hell of a lot of fun doing it!! :smiley:

Lol a 265 stuck on body kit lol. Seriously litchy there does come a stage where you think that but there will be something.