Few queries...

If you look at the front or rear shocks they will have an orange sticker if it's cup

Non cup have pink stickers rear and silver stickers front

They're very easy to spot so just have a look in the front wheel arch.

Can't remember what colour code the springs are but the shocks are definately how i said.

The brakes are identical apart from colour. My car is red and I prefer the look of the silver brembo on it but on other colour cars I like the red better.

There is no leather option on the 197. The seats are the same in the FF and the cup though I think the cup has less airbags.

The recaro were an option and worth every penny. If you find a car with recaros it will be a much better buy. They're excellent and much more desirable when you sell on.

It's not got the recaros but i'm not fussed...like i said i was sick to death of the corsa ones although the clio ones do look a bit more padded?

It'll take some gettin used to not havin the turbo...it struck me on the test drive how little torque these have low down. Need to really make the engine work don't ya.

Get it above 5k and it's a different animal. It's geared really well to keep the revs in the power. Just have to drive it differently. It's all about carrying momentum and corner speed with the Clio and keeping it singing.

it doesn't seem to have anywhere near th mid range of my 182 but cross country it's quicker as the chassis is better and if you work the engine it is more powerful.

It will murder a Vxr on a b road.

Yeah it takes more skill i should imagine.

Reason i went to the garage in the first place was on fri night me and another vxr were next to a black clio on the m56, he booted it i thought ooo thats nice n looks pretty fast :tongueout:

iirc the first cups had silver brembos.... I am not sure about UK, but first "World series by Renault" ( EU Cup ) had silver brembos, best way to check if its a cup or FF is to have a look inside, if its got rubber pedals than its a cup, if the steering wheel has no stitching at the top center ( ordinary clio wheel ) than its a cup, the dashboard made of hard plastic with visible passenger airbag gap its a cup, the FF also has better doorcards, with speakers having silver surrounds and an additional door handle making closing doors easier, have the cups had plain black and non painted centre console and trim? while FF had silver paint on it. my mom has a 1.2 16v :smile: looks like a cup inside LOL - wish it was tbh :smile: she wouldnt miss the torque LOL

Haha the cup sounds nice :/

Are the 197s where you can see the twin pipes custom exhausts..mine point downwards slightly like a diesel?!! haha

The 197 exhaust points down out of the defuser and cant be seen easily from behind the 200 has chrome ones which stick out

The 197 exhausts are 'slash-cut' in line with the diffuser. K-tec and Yozzasport aftermarket ones are also slash-cut, Miltek, Supersprint and most of the others I can't think of ATM at visible even on the 197 as they are straight-cut. IMO the K-tec sounds best unless you buy the Arkapovich.

The 200 has a gloss diffuser and chrome outlets.

Oh and on the point of Recaros they are brilliant, but probably not essential TBH.

Leather seats were an optional extra on later FF cars, standard seats only though.