Few queries...

Yoo guys just joined, bought a Clio 197 Cup in white yesterday with the spoiler and all that jazz. Tading in my Corsa VXR and pick it up on the 26th Feb :thumbup:

Came away from the garage and had a look at the pics as you do, can't help but notice a few subtle differences from the Cups on google images so wonder if you know the answers?? (pics in album)

Firstly my mirrors and the trim on the side of the doors are white??

Secondly the callipers are just metal not red and don't state Brembo??

Thirdly mine doesn't say cup on the door near the window..some i've seen do in small lettering??

Ok rant over but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Paul

Welcome chap

Sounds like another trader not doing their research and misselling, as kdl87 says sounds like a "Full Fat" without the cup pack ( gentlemans spec :smile: ).

like everyone else said, if the calipers aint red its ff with the softer suspension.

does it have a push button start and electric mirrors?

if it does id be taking it back and asking why he said it was a cup

TBH I would keep quite if you are paying CUP prices for a full fat, you should get a bargain! They can be be a fair bit cheaper to buy due to having a lower spec.

Don't think that they are any worse than a CUP though, they are far from it. You still get Brembos and a firm ride (the FF197 is stiffer than the FF200) so handling is great. If you are saving some £££ then you could use it to paint/powdercoat the calipers and then put the decals on yourself.

Oh and welcome to the site!

:welcome:

TBH I would keep quite if you are paying CUP prices for a full fat, you should get a bargain! They can be be a fair bit cheaper to buy due to having a lower spec.

Don't think that they are any worse than a CUP though, they are far from it. You still get Brembos and a firm ride (the FF197 is stiffer than the FF200) so handling is great. If you are saving some £££ then you could use it to paint/powdercoat the calipers and then put the decals on yourself.

Oh and welcome to the site!

:welcome:

And ofcourse if you do want a firmer ride for added zooming pleasure it's just a good excuse to get yourself some coilovers!

And ofcourse if you do want a firmer ride for added zooming pleasure it's just a good excuse to get yourself some coilovers!

Yeah exactly. If you are paying under the odds then you will have some spare cash to get some mods! :huh:

Well I'm gettin it £500 cheaper than reccomended price for a cup (from the trade manual) so I guess I'm gettin a more expensive car for a very good price correct me if I'm wrong..?? I don't think the dealers any the wiser to be fair.

I had 2yrs of my spine bein shattered by pot holes in my vxr which was lowered etc so I'm happy to have the normal seats n comfier suspension hahaa.

Thanks guys :smile:

Well I'm gettin it £500 cheaper than reccomended price for a cup (from the trade manual) so I guess I'm gettin a more expensive car for a very good price correct me if I'm wrong..?? I don't think the dealers any the wiser to be fair.

I had 2yrs of my spine bein shattered by pot holes in my vxr which was lowered etc so I'm happy to have the normal seats n comfier suspension hahaa.

Thanks guys :smile:

Yeah I think you will be getting a fair deal! If you have a link to where it is being sold we can give you a better opinion, if you want to keep it a secret I understand though lol! Hope you like! :thumbup1:

Don't be put off with the FF. They handle brilliantly anyway but suspension can be updated easily.

I got a mint FF in the colour I wanted with recaros and just cupped it myself. The better spec Of the FF is worth the extra bit of weight IMO

Very true. I couldn't live without the keyless entry and start button. Plus the auto wipers and lights are brilliant too! When you think about it they are very well specced cars with some top-grade tech!

Very true. I couldn't live without the keyless entry and start button. Plus the auto wipers and lights are brilliant too! When you think about it they are very well specced cars with some top-grade tech!

Im the same, as you all know the R27 has keyless entry and start, its awesome being able to just walk up, get in, start it and drive (assuming its warm :tongueout: ) with the key still in your jeans.

Dont have auto wipers :worried:

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the 197 atm, the cup has firmer suspension/chasis and no a/c? The FF comes with a/c but auto wipers + lights along with recaros are optional extras? Black alloys come standard?

The grey wheels are part of the cup Pack. The cup doesn't have AC as standard but is an option

The cup has firmer suspension red callipers and grey wheels

The cup suspension was an option on FF models. Non FF cups have unpainted mirrors and rubbing strips no keyless entry worse plastics on dash no power mirrors no jack in the boot etc etc

The FF has AC as standard or auto climate control as an option

The auto wipers, xenons, recaros etc Are options.

Awesome cheers dude. The brakes are the same diameter n what not though on all specs? How would I know if the optional cup springs are fitted..any obv signs apart from 7mm lower?

And the lux has leather + c/c? What's the R27 have, exclusivity? Ha

I rek the FF with red calipers looks the mutts nutts :smile:

There aren't many people who have swapped the springs. So if you get any with the anthracite alloys and red Brembos you can be sure that it will have the CUP suspension.

The R27 is essentially a FF, with CUP Pack. Recaros were standard, as was AirCon, keyless system, auto lights and wipers. Climate and Xenons were options.