F1 season 2018 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a dull race but VERY happy with the outcome.

Lewis was VERY impressive. Lots of talk about tyres and Merc lobbying though, not sure how much to read into it yet.

Ferrari, SHITE strategy. Pmsl that that whiney little bitch ended up 4th!!!

Danny Ric, what the hell happened? Crap start, class of the field at the end. Mad.

As for Max, when you watch the onboard, the light was green when he started going for it, Stroll was just miles away as usual. I think it's fair enough for Max to expect him to put his foot down when the green light is on!

All in all, not the best but not as bad as Oz. Very happy with the result. Very happy to see little Sebby with his spoilt brat face on. Again. :smiley:

yeah the thing about the tyres - Pirelli removed 0.4mm from the tread after teams complained of blistering during winter testing, saying they wouldn't last the race in 'normal' racing temps. Toto Wolff said the claims that Merc asked Pirelli for the change were 'bollocks' LOL Just Ferrari having another whinge again, despite them being allowed to run in Spain with ILLEGAL mirrors.

Also impressed with Leclerc this year, just confirming what he did in F2 last year and also that his team mate has no business being in F1. Hopefully he'll get a chance at Ferrari at some point in the future.

Reactions: ///M
yeah the thing about the tyres - Pirelli removed 0.4mm from the tread after teams complained of blistering during winter testing, saying they wouldn't last the race in 'normal' racing temps. Toto Wolff said the claims that Merc asked Pirelli for the change were 'bollocks' LOL Just Ferrari having another whinge again, despite them being allowed to run in Spain with ILLEGAL mirrors.

Also impressed with Leclerc this year, just confirming what he did in F2 last year and also that his team mate has no business being in F1. Hopefully he'll get a chance at Ferrari at some point in the future.

ARRRGH the mirrors thing. That was a fookin JOKE in my opinion. Doesn't that just set a precedent that any team can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it for a race? Glad it didn't seem to help them any!

And totally agree about Leclerc, he's looking VERY good indeed. Would love to see him at Ferrari, so long as he isn't Seb's bitch like we currently have with the other waste of space in the team!

Ps. Forgot to mention F2. Two BRILLIANT races!

Reactions: Sean197
ARRRGH the mirrors thing. That was a fookin JOKE in my opinion. Doesn't that just set a precedent that any team can do whatever the hell they want and get away with it for a race? Glad it didn't seem to help them any!

And totally agree about Leclerc, he's looking VERY good indeed. Would love to see him at Ferrari, so long as he isn't Seb's bitch like we currently have with the other waste of space in the team!

Ps. Forgot to mention F2. Two BRILLIANT races!

Red Bull got away with it a few years ago, at Canada iirc - when they turned up with holes in the floor which extended all the way to the edge of the floor. They were allowed to race with their illegal floor as long as they changed it for the next race. You're right, no idea why more teams don't exploit this.

edit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/18310767 - also note the 'totally not flexing' front wing....

Red Bull got away with it a few years ago, at Canada iirc - when they turned up with holes in the floor which extended all the way to the edge of the floor. They were allowed to race with their illegal floor as long as they changed it for the next race. You're right, no idea why more teams don't exploit this.

edit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/18310767

Don't recall that at all. Thanks for the link mate.

MAD!

You're right, why they don't all try it on I don't know! Wouldn't take long before the FIA closed that loophole I'm sure.

What I don't get is that if it was deemed illegal, why weren't Ferrari forced to put the old halo back on? FIA, that's why!
:smiley:

edit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/18310767 - also note the 'totally not flexing' front wing....

ah the when is a slot a hole and visa-versa lol remember that one

i think he got off lightly on that one!

Me too mate, both Mrs M and I were shocked at what he did watching it live. You know he's just had a proper tantrum moment and just mashed his foot to the floor and sent himself flying directly into the oncoming pack. There's simply no place for that sort of childish bollocks on an F1 grid. Should have been a race ban.

He's just too much of a whiney little sod in my opinion. F1 isn't for him. He should be laying around in a Jacobean ruff stuffing his whiney gob with stinky soft cheese if you ask me.

"Shut up Romain!!!" was one of my very favourite moments from last year.

To be honest, thoroughly disliked that limp wristed twat ever since he said JB was too old for F1 and should retire.

Norris looking bloody good again in testing yesterday. Over two tenths quicker than KMag who was on tyres two steps softer than Lando.

Give the relative performance of the Hass and the McLaren so far this year, that seems pretty impressive.

Seems he's got it, but will his career be hampered by being shackled to an under-performing McLaren?

Norris looking bloody good again in testing yesterday. Over two tenths quicker than KMag who was on tyres two steps softer than Lando.

Give the relative performance of the Hass and the McLaren so far this year, that seems pretty impressive.

Seems he's got it, but will his career be hampered by being shackled to an under-performing McLaren?

My money is on him replacing Alonso for 2019. I can't see any established driver being stupid enough to go to McLaren, they're a shambles.

My money is on him replacing Alonso for 2019. I can't see any established driver being stupid enough to go to McLaren, they're a shambles.

Exactly. I can see it going the same way. It's just a shame that it might hold Norris back because of it!

Think these new rear wing LED lights that Mercedes were testing look pretty cool!

5634dd31c6dbba26708a1f103db6fe9b.jpg

Watch all the petty Vettel fans trying to find some excuse to say it's giving Merc an unfair advantage...

:smiley:

Oh and in other Ferrari related news, there are rumours they were doing a bit of cheating with their ERS meaning it was exceeding the maximum allowed output by a significant margin for the first four races and as a result totally illegal. Seems they have got away with it completely because they've relaxed their viewpoint on the new aero regulations but they've had to revert to something within the regulations causing their drop in performance and it wasn't because of the tyres.

FIA back to being Ferrari International Assistance?

Whatever, if that pushes pettel down to where he finished in Spain I'd laugh and laugh.

Oh and in other Ferrari related news, there are rumours they were doing a bit of cheating with their ERS meaning it was exceeding the maximum allowed output by a significant margin for the first four races and as a result totally illegal. Seems they have got away with it completely because they've relaxed their viewpoint on the new aero regulations but they've had to revert to something within the regulations causing their drop in performance and it wasn't because of the tyres.

Whatever, if that pushes pettel down to where he finished in Spain I'd laugh and laugh.

Hadn't read that! I'll take even more pleasure in watching them lose now.
Vettel has actually now done a u turn and said ferrari would have been worse if the tyres hadn't been changed.

Hadn't read that! I'll take even more pleasure in watching them lose now.
Vettel has actually now done a u turn and said ferrari would have been worse if the tyres hadn't been changed.

Exactly. Yet still his insufferable fans are saying that it was done to give Merc an advantage! :smiley:

Read the rumour in a comment on the James Allen site and James commented himself to confirm it.

It's quite the about face from little Sebby though, considering how vociferous he was about the tyres previously. Guess it just proves he's a whiney little bitch. Even Charlie came out and said he was talking bollocks! :smiley:

a 20sec "over boost" of electric over and above the 4maga joule allowed

Reactions: Sean197 and ///M
planet f1 i think!

also their "illegal" floor that they had to change after china i believe

And they've been running those out of regulation spec mirrors since Baku too. They weren't even legal before they went onto the halo.

And this oil burn thing still hasn't been explained.

And Seb's extra paddle on his steering wheel that he looks shady as hell about when an interviewer mentions it.

I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions