F1 season 2015 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got up what I thought was early for the race but forgot to the clocks went forward to lost 20 laps :-/

Good race so far though.

Surprised by that, but Vettel really irritates me for some reason, lets hope it was a one off, being as Hamilton didn't have the faster tyres.

Yep, Alonso must be kicking himself after that move...

I still don't think Vettel is as good a racer as Hamilton, however Ferrari had a good tyre strategy and Vettel made the most of it, so good on him. Plus, it's good for the sport to see Merc being beaten fair and square. As much as I want to see Hamilton winning the championship again, it will be good to see someone other than Rosberg challenging him for it.

Yep, Alonso must be kicking himself after that move...

I still don't think Vettel is as good a racer as Hamilton, however Ferrari had a good tyre strategy and Vettel made the most of it, so good on him. Plus, it's good for the sport to see Merc being beaten fair and square. As much as I want to see Hamilton winning the championship again, it will be good to see someone other than Rosberg challenging him for it.

Would rather Vettel, even though I dont like him, over Rosberg. Rosberg is just a weasel in every aspect, really have no time for him at all.

Would rather Vettel, even though I dont like him, over Rosberg. Rosberg is just a weasel in every aspect, really have no time for him at all.

Rosberg pulled another of his tricks on Saturday where he seemed to block Hamilton who was on a hot lap. Hamilton said there was no blocking being done, but then he would say that wouldn't he - Merc won't want the bad publicity.

Yeah I didn't see it but I read about it. As I said, the guy is a weasel, he was pulling these tricks all last season. He's knows he's not of Hamiltons calibre..

Yeah I didn't see it but I read about it. As I said, the guy is a weasel, he was pulling these tricks all last season. He's knows he's not of Hamiltons calibre..

Exactly. I read F1 Racing magazine and they bang on out about him being this great 'thinker' and having a brilliant mind. If that's the case, why resort to cheap tricks and sly tactics....

I feel alseep, typical boring f1 ! Wonder if redbull will be moaning that Ferrari too quick now ? Lol

bring on the btcc next week!

I thought it was pretty exciting to be honest - quite a lot of overtaking and ballsy stuff by the rookies! Plus a different winner to the Mercs. It'll never be as exciting as BTCC I admit, but it could be a good season if Ferrari keep the pace.

Exactly. I read F1 Racing magazine and they bang on out about him being this great 'thinker' and having a brilliant mind. If that's the case, why resort to cheap tricks and sly tactics....

Great? Lmao. He's just lucky enough to be in the mercedes, he's a par driver. The races he won last season was when Hamilton didnt start/finish or had problems. Maybe the odd one he outperformed him in, but he's just average at best. Put Daniel Riccardo in a merc and Hamilton will have a challenge.

Will be nice to see some different challenges to the mercedes though.

thanks Chris..looks like the trophy and 2l of preferred whiskey are staying with me again :d
gutted i missed the race..will stay tuned for the next one in Shanghai..

I really enjoyed the race, Australia sucked, but Malasia has put the season back on track. Lots of good news stories all through the grid. Everything from the Rookies treating it like a GP2 race and Verstappen practically driving people off the track, to someone other than Merc winning, and a Jenson doing his usual pit radio comedy routine "Guys, we're actually catching cars!".

With the whole Alonso thing, I think he wasn't happy in Ferrari, so as long as they don't win the season I doubt he'll care that much about how they do. If I were at his stage of career and you can't win a world tittle (as the Merc have got it sewn up) then I'd take more pleasure in taking a struggling team with a ton of potential through the grid. If anyone can do it, Mclaren can take that car to the top.

Vettel is actually a proper nice guy though, judging by his reaction to winning on Sunday, it means a lot to him

... unlike Hamilton who thinks hes some sort of gangsta with that 3 inch thick gold chain on. weapon.:uk:

... unlike Hamilton who thinks hes some sort of gangsta with that 3 inch thick gold chain on. weapon.:uk:

Don't get me started with that one mate...I hate the guy with a passion and that comes from someone who used to be a massive fan of his the first two years of his career in F1. In fact I was genuinely upset when he lost the championship the first year. But all this 'huge diamonds/massive gold chains/celebrity lifestyle/look at me I'm the best' mentality is too much for me. Couple that with endless moaning when things don't go his way and boom, you got Hamilton. And then he makes this statement;

''There isn't any doubt in my mind. If you want to put someone in the same car there is no doubt in my mind of where I would be finishing''

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...on-vows-he-would-still-win-in-equal-equipment

I mean seriously? You can't seriously say such a thing...what a tit.

Lol [MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]

"Dont get me started".. 1 paragraph later :d

Im a bit of a Hamilton fanboy, when it comes to racing, but I'm with you with he celebrity lifestyle crap, its what money does to them. I think he's one of the top drivers at the moment, and he's British, so ill support him over these Germans at every race.

haha it was a good thing I didn't get started eh? lol

I can only agree mate, LH is a great racer and noone can deny that, he just got cocky over the years and his overinflated ego is just too much. As I said, I was a LH fan myself in the beginning and cheering when he would outperform Alonso, disappointed when I saw his mentality changing after winning his first championship though.

''There isn't any doubt in my mind. If you want to put someone in the same car there is no doubt in my mind of where I would be finishing''

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...on-vows-he-would-still-win-in-equal-equipment

I mean seriously? You can't seriously say such a thing...what a tit.

That's because he is the fastest and best :tongueout: (unashamed 'fanboi' caveat!!)

On a serious note though, I think any of the top drivers would probably have that mentality? I would have thought it's pretty much pre-requisite to getting to the top (in any sporting domain really), I guess others might be more coy about voicing that opinion though! I still chortle at the "because I'm black" line!

I think you have to expect a certain level of arrogance, or at least a huge amount of self-belief and confidence from top sportsmen. I admit, Hamilton doesn't show much modesty, but then he has two world championships under his belt and he's regarded as arguably the best driver in the current line up, so it's bound to go to his head a little.

Some of that is probably mind games too - a little psychological warfare with his competitors.

Go to agree on the chain thing though....no need for that when he's chilling in the pit garage! Nicole Shirtswinger has a lot to answer for :001_rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions