Exhaust Tips - Really over-priced?

Tom

Platinum Member
So I want some of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220824623609

But they're just pieces of chrome tubing... Do people really buy these or are there alternatives?

Also - If I eventually upgrade my exhaust, will I:

1. Need these
2. Be able to fit them to said new exhaust

Thanks guys!

Tom.

all depends if your new exhaust tailpipe are the same size, one or two people have them on here, me personally think there too small. try ebay, after all the renault one are just tailpipe trims similar to what the like if halfords sell.

Yeah, they are a bit thin... Never thought of trying halfords TBH.

If I had an upgraded exhaust system, I probs wouldn't need 'em, right?

halfords ones are crap to be honest, just used that as an example, you would be better looking on ebay. as for exhaust system depends on the look your after, if you went custom you could have tailpipe design you want, ktecs own system is stealth, miltek is 3" rolled outward, scorpion is 3" rolled in i think, akra is for the 200 so to fit the 197 you need tailpipes altering anyway so again go for anything. then again i think most of the system ive mention come with removable tailpipe anyway so you could get it customised, i know my ktec has removable tailpipes

I prefere the clean look of the 197 were you can't see the exhaust :thumbsup:

That might be because the trims i've seen, as has been said, look too small.

Does anyone know offhand (or can measure) the diameter of these OEM Renault exhaust tips?

They do look small compared to the aftermarket 3" zorst tips, question is - how small? Not 2" shirley??:blink:

Think they are 63mm / 2.5"

Cheers bud!

So on paper then, not that much smaller than the aftermarket tips. Its weird, they do look very small in comparision, if only they were slightly bigger at say 2.75"/70mm, that would look cool.

Love the back end of the 197 but feel as there's exhaust either side, why not show them off a bit more instead of hide them in the diffuser, ala the 200.

i have made some at work from SS and flared the ends, im just having them polished i will show u what they look like.