Exhaust Manifold

I think I may need a new manifold. :jumpon:

Started as a suspected gasket as there was a very slight "tappy/tinny" blowing noise coming from the front and a scent of exhaust gases under the bonnet.

Now it sounds like its running on 3 cylinders and a loud blow there.
I now suspect the flexi-joint has split as I can hear like a metallic tapping noise when its blowing.

Anyone know where to get one cheap as im brassic at the minute and need it to get to work :worried:

Buy my spare, get it welded up and swap over. Then sell your old one to recoup the cost.

New they are around £750+VAT
I was quoted about £600+VAT for a custom manifold.
CitRen were charging about £200+VAT+shipping for a used one.

No mate, i imagine they wont be cheap.

Thanks I might do if i get stuck. I'll just have to see if this can be welded. It looks like a repairs been done to one of the "branches" already.

Your problem is that if you remove it to weld it up then the car is immobile. That is why when we repaired mine we got a spare, repaired it and then just had to swap it over. Just makes it all more convenient.

Flexis are available on eBay, the one I used is a Bosal 265-567; I can't recall the size but they were under £20 on eBay (though not for Bosal).

I work in the trade mate so seeing if anyone can do anything for me.

Thanks for the advice, if mine is cream crackerd, is your mani in the for sale section?

It is in my "Various Parts" list. If you are in the trade then get one of those Bosal flexis and just get someone who is handy with a welder to weld it in.

Getting the manifold out is a mare of a job, subframe has to be dropped. It is because mine was a fill-in job and we didn't want to be blocking up a lift that I got a spare to reduce the time on the lift.

not what i wanted to hear.... Looks like im going home in the works van :worried:

The gasket seems fine, so it must be somewhere else. Its somewhere on the manifold though as its doing that "ticking" noise you get.

I'll keep updating hopefully might help someone else out one day...

Hello mate

If its any help if you become a paid member i can do a exhaust manifold for £559.80 posted. Also will need a Gasket at £5.60 and a exhaust clamp at £6.34

So a total of £571.74

The RRp on the exhaust manifold alone is £687.76

Karl
www.smcrenault.co.uk
01483 301009

Thanks Karl I'll bear it in mind. I just got a gasket yesterday as I thought it was only that. Took it off and it seems fine. Gutted lol

2 cracks. One in 1st branch and bigger one in 3rd branch.
I'll try get pics tommorow. Had to leave it at work and come home in the boogie bus. :fail:

Cant use my ramps at work to drop the subframe as its a scissor lift and need a 2 poster.
Might be able to use one next door tommorow. (Hopefully my gaffer will let me sort it tommorow...)
Jiggled the mani free on the car so i could have a good nosey thats how I found them, first one looked ok and was going to weld it on the car, 2nd one is in too much of an awkward place...

Sods law exactly 1 month 'till christmas when I'm already brassic.

Bloody car's eh. Who'd have one...... :lol:

Phone ruk and give them hell. There technical team claim it should last 100000 miles before showing signs of wear. Mine went at 39k was quoted £1200 off Renault but eventually got it done for £450

I think I've got the exact same problem as my car is currently sounding like a WW2 tank. It's soo load so it's going in for investigating at coop Renault in Nottingham Wednesday. I've also developed a load whistling noise coming from the alternator area? Possibly the aux tensioner? My car is an 08 & done 39k with full Renault service history - would renault UK be any help as the warranty has ended? Started having problems with my car lately - had to have a new fuel pump 3 months ago costing £700 ouch.