"enlarged 76mm maxogen!"

hi all

just thought i'd let all you maxogen users know that ITG have an upgrade!!!!

went up to see my old mucka smoggy mark (maxogen man) a couple of weeks ago and basically after a bit of chit chat we realised the maxi's he gets are a 76mm OD where as the one i have and the the ones ktec sell are 70mm,hmmm! that obviously sparked a debate and we both rang ITG for the answer,we were told that this is there more modified version for the clio that gives better flow so i went with it,as my filter looked sh@gged anyway it was a nice upgrade

after fitting i suppose you can take this either way...

i now have a slight flat spot between 3k-4k when cruising at just over 70mph

but as we all know,flatspots are there because more fuel is needed to create more power or so they say,pics anyway

8378460926_8c00f6d87c_b.jpg
006 by scott1532, on Flickr

8377410845_33c422268b_b.jpg
007 by scott1532, on Flickr

also had to buy a 70 to 76mm reducer samco hose at a price of roughly 35 notes but hey ho,life in the fast lane!

can't recommend mark enough,he sorted me out with a new filter within a couple of days so cheers fella,i owe you a pint!

Last edited:
hi all

just thought i'd let all you maxogen users know that ITG have an upgrade!!!!

went up to see my old mucka smoggy mark (maxogen man) a couple of weeks ago and basically after a bit of chit chat we realised the maxi's he gets are a 76mm OD where as the one i have and the the ones ktec sell are 70mm,hmmm! that obviously sparked a debate and we both rang ITG for the answer,we were told that this is there more modified version for the clio that gives better flow so i went with it,as my filter looked sh@gged anyway it was a nice upgrade

after fitting i suppose you can take this either way...

i now have a slight flat spot between 3k-4k when cruising at just over 70mph

but as we all know,flatspots are there because more fuel is needed to create more power or so they say,pics anyway

8378460926_8c00f6d87c_b.jpg
006 by scott1532, on Flickr

8377410845_33c422268b_b.jpg
007 by scott1532, on Flickr

also had to buy a 70 to 76mm reducer samco hose at a price of roughly 35 notes but hey ho,life in the fast lane!

can't recommend mark enough,he sorted me out with a new filter within a couple of days so cheers fella,i owe you a pint!

Was glad to help bud!!looking at the pics of the filters you can see there is a big difference so the flatspot was going to happen i would of thought,mine was on when we went down to RS tuning so maybe why ive not felt the flatspot.

Can't recommend Mark enough too!

He helped me out with his (and yours I believe Henderson) custom setup maxogen. Already got a standard 70mm itg and was looking at changing the setup and Mark was there to help with his advise and parts, great help!

Do you guys think its worth the change to the new type filter?

He helped me out with his (and yours I believe Henderson) custom setup maxogen. Already got a standard 70mm itg and was looking at changing the setup and Mark was there to help with his advise and parts, great help!

cheers!was glad to help mate,yeah Henderson has more or less the same custom setup i have him to thank for going down this route,he has a CAF which we think gives him a bit more top end.

Not shure if theres a masive difference between the two filters as ive only had the 76mm on from the start,would say maybe a bit better flow.What i can say is Henderson and me whent on the same day to RS tuning and both motors pushed 200+ Bhp,his with the old and mine with the new.Might be worth waiting to see what henderson says after he has his map tweaked before you change to the new type filter.

tbh mason i probably wouldn't have rushed to change mine as quick as i did if it wasn't for the fact the 70mm looked sh*gged when i opened up the maxi so it made sense to upgrade it,(the old one was coming away at the seams,as if the glue had broken down)

fingers crossed i'll be going to a rolling road day with the lads off here in march so i should be able to see if the 76mm filter has made any difference then

Last edited:
I need to get some pics up of my set up, I've goT a 200mm green cotton on at the minute, just sorting out caf and battery holder for the varley as it is cable tied at the minute and is a bit rough to me! Sounds the nuts though and with all the cold weather it pulls really well now

I need to get some pics up of my set up, I've goT a 200mm green cotton on at the minute, just sorting out caf and battery holder for the varley as it is cable tied at the minute and is a bit rough to me! Sounds the nuts though and with all the cold weather it pulls really well now

will look forward to the pics toop,white samco pipe and a green filter will catch the eye.:wink:

This is how i have my varley just made up a L bracket and is solid.

7970790944_5bbbb2bfab_b.jpg
redtop and maxi 003 by chickster2012, on Flickr