Engine management light on and emissions message even after work been done? :/

Hi guys, i had a problem with the engine management light and the emissions check message coming up, i took it back to garage and got genuine renault parts fitted which were diagnosed as the problem.

Coilpack, injectors, lambda sensor and exhaust gasket

Now only 500 miles after this it is on again but what can it be now? the mechanic reset the light/warning thing so shouldnt appear but it is

I have a milltek exhaust system but awaiting my new low profile jack to get the car up to check if it is decat or not, cars on springs and also got the sideskirts so too low :worried:

Any help would be great please :smile:

Thanks

Carl

I saw a thread once where Renault advised someone he needed a new cat, yet he had a decat pipe fitted, that could be your problem, was the light on from when you bought the car as mine has been on since I fitted the decat,

or they could have damaged the lamda sensor

sounds like the dealer just fitted a load of parts rather than actually finding the true fault and that's the reason why the light is on...

you need to see what codes are being thrown up first and then go from there..

They had it on a diagnostic machine and it came back with codes for the lambda sensor and the coilpack. So they have replaced them. Until I can find out if it is a decat pipe this could remain the problem.

I need someone with a code reader to see if there is any faults left on

They had it on a diagnostic machine and it came back with codes for the lambda sensor and the coilpack. So they have replaced them. Until I can find out if it is a decat pipe this could remain the problem.

I have skirts and lowered and if I park on a curb I can easily see the decat pipe, its quite noticeable have a go at that? This my fault code is 147 on memory as I have a reader

had a look under car like you suggested Aford197 and no its not decat, its just a cat-back milltek system by looks of it. There is a shiny middle silencer, then 2 cat boxs

you also put injectors and exhaust gasket...so what did they do?

if its back on after 500mile then its not been fixed in the first place has it really?