engine light after replacing fuel pump

Hi guys

After replacing a fuel pump (to an original OEM), the engine/service light (the wrench one on the left), turns on.
The fuel light lights up as well and the fuel gage shows full tank.
Did anyone experienced anything like that ? especially after a fuel pump fix / replacement ?

any help will be much appreciated!

just to add some info, the car was driving fine before, went out for a 30 min drive, it stuttered a bit on the way, then parked for an hour, on the way back, while driving in traffic, stuttered some more and then the engine stopped.
Then wouldn't start and had to toed.
My mechanic diagnosed as fuel pump issue.

keeping my fingers crossed
thanks
Asaf

I did mine years ago and it was pretty straight forward.
I dropped my fuel tank to clean, so it was super easy to drop the fuel pump assembly.

Did you replace the pump only or the whole system?

I would check the connection and the wires if not kinked.

If you replaced the fuel pump only, check again the work.

Good Luck

I did mine years ago and it was pretty straight forward.
I dropped my fuel tank to clean, so it was super easy to drop the fuel pump assembly.

Did you replace the pump only or the whole system?

I would check the connection and the wires if not kinked.

If you replaced the fuel pump only, check again the work.

Good Luck
thanks mate for the attention!!

still not sorted BTW.

i changed the whole system, that goes in the tank itself.
Will have to redo the work to see all wires like you suggested.

thanks again

What are the symptoms? Is the engine cranking but not firing? Are you getting fuel at the engine?

What are the symptoms? Is the engine cranking but not firing? Are you getting fuel at the engine?
Hi
the car is running, it's the engine light that lights up and the fuel gage that shows full tank all the time which are the issues now.

BTW, How would you check the fuel system is working well as a whole, from tank, pump to engine ?

thanks M8

There’s a quick release connector at the end of the fuel rail under the inlet manifold. If you take that off and crank the engine fuel comes out. If your car is running then it’s obviously not that.

There’s a quick release connector at the end of the fuel rail under the inlet manifold. If you take that off and crank the engine fuel comes out. If your car is running then it’s obviously not that.
maybe somehow it affected one or more of the fuel injectors ?

If the car is running fine, then it’s got to be something at the fuel tank end. Especially if that’s where the work has been done.

You need to plug it in and see what the fault code is saying. I suspect it’s something fuel sender related if it’s constantly showing a full tank.

If the sender is unplugged does it default to showing a full tank?

If the car is running fine, then it’s got to be something at the fuel tank end. Especially if that’s where the work has been done.

You need to plug it in and see what the fault code is saying. I suspect it’s something fuel sender related if it’s constantly showing a full tank.

If the sender is unplugged does it default to showing a full tank?
Exactly, if the car is running fine and only the Fuel light and level are wrong.
Something is wrong related to fuel sender/level.

When I removed mine, I had to give a good clean on wires and connector... so dirty.
Your wires are problably kinked and is grounding somewhere.