Eibach or Apex?

I don't know why your baiting for an argument, this isn't that type of forum. I appreciate that you have several years experience of eibach and will obviously defend your own brand to the bitter death but you obviously have never tried Apex. If you actually read my posts I haven't once said Apex are better than eibach or that eibach are rubbish, eibach are a good spring, a very good spring but it depends what you are after as to which you should opt for.

And as for Ohlins using eibach springs, well that's just pure fantasy, as an Ohlins dealer I know full well that they are actually made in house. They use over 200 suppliers for supplementary parts, 80% of these suppliers are from Sweden, nearly all the rest are Asian.
I don't have a brand, and by the way i've just sold my 197's eibachs because i needed to raise the car.
The springs used by factory ohlins team Mini are Eibachs.
Renault use them too with Ohlins in the Clio R3 and Megane N4

The Renault R3 and Megane N4 kit have nothing to do with Ohlins. Not sure who supplys the springs but I can categorically say the shocks are def not Ohlins, I'm 99% certain they are actually Bilstien. If the spring manufacturer is the same as the cup race cars then its H&R.

Anyway this is going way off topic.

OP, to answer your question it depends what you are wanting. If you just want the lower stance but still require a level of comfort then go for the Eibachs or the H&R's. If however you want the best spring for TrackDays and don't mine a hard crashy ride then goo for the Apex

Last edited:
The Renault R3 and Megane N4 kit have nothing to do with Ohlins. Not sure who supplys the springs but I can categorically say the shocks are def not Ohlins, I'm 99% certain they are actually Bilstien. If the spring manufacturer is the same as the cup race cars then its H&R.
Well since I drive a Clio R3 I can tell you for certain that they use Ohlins with Eibach springs!
But hey what do I know......

R3 Access is spec'd with Billies. Not sure about the Maxi though.

Twingo R2 uses Ohlins as did Clio S1600.

From the sales blurb...

Developed exclusively for tarmac rallying, Clio Renault Sport R3 Access uses the same suspension of the standard car with strengthened struts and specific kinematics for the independent steering axis front suspension. The newcomer is fitted with Bilstein dampers all-round and profits from the high performance braking system featured on Clio Renaultsport 197, with standard front discs and four-piston Brembo callipers.

Last edited:
The Maxi definitely uses Ohlins.
The access isnt far off a standard road car and shares hardly any mechanical parts with the Maxi.

The full Clio R3 Maxi and Maxi Evo Technical Specs from Renaultsport can be found here:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/Portals/1/Files/PDF/Rallying/Clio_R3_technical_spec.pdf

Yours must have aftermarket set up cos they come from the factory with Bilstiens, either way not many people on here have an R3, they are a rare beauty so I'm sure everyone would love see pictures.

Last edited:
Yours must have aftermarket set up cos they come from the factory with Bilstiens, either way not many people on here have an R3, they are a rare beauty so I'm sure everyone would love see pictures.
No it didnt.
The R3 Maxi is supplied with and is only permitted to use ohlins dampers
I've never heard of custard before!
IMG-0624.jpg