EBC brakes

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
i did have a serch but couldnt find anything about any one useing ebc brakes on here

so is there any one that maybe has in the past or is now? what are they like in comparison to the DS2500 ?

id be buying the EBC yellow stuff pads front and maybe the rear and the EBC Ultimax Sport Slotted Brake Discs

my mate has these discs and redstuff pads on hist fiesta ST running 170bhp with ap coilovers and rear axel spacers, he says they are worlds apart from what he had on before but i cant see the fiesta having brembos from factory any way so would there be much of a difference in stopping power?

the reason i want to know is ill be going to knockhill the beginning of next month and what my brakes to be up to the task :smile: any help would be appreciated

I used the Redstuff for a bit. Initial bite didn't seem quite as good but after a few times slowing down hard they seemed very good.

From my recent research both get mixed reviews, the yellows get better reviews. However, as deadmau5 said both need heat in them to really work properly. The DS2500 work great from cold, a bit better than standard.

I ran red stuff pads all round with their grooved (USR) disks on my last car. Were a great upgrade on the standard stuff and never had an issue with them.

Seem to be getting some good feed back then :smile:
The only reason Im thinking about using them is I can get the yellow stuff pads and discs for £300 for the front I thought that was really good

Thank you for the feed back guys

Seem to be getting some good feed back then :smile:
The only reason Im thinking about using them is I can get the yellow stuff pads and discs for £300 for the front I thought that was really good

Thank you for the feed back guys

I had yellow stuff pads with new OEM discs on my old mk1 mx5. they were fine but I did notice an increase in disc wear, probably due to the harder compound.

All depends on the cost of pads and discs though doesn't it. If you have pads which wear discs heavily but the pads are more expensive than the discs then it really doesn't matter!

Similar Thread Suggestions