Eager to get back!

Hi all,

I sadly sold my 197 earlier in the year to buy a family car for our upcoming child.

Well, he's arrived and I want to free up some money to put aside for him and 'rainy' days.

After some thinking I've put my Elise up for sale but instructed the wife that I'll still need something for the odd trackday and b-road blasts.

As soon as the Elise sells I'll be on the hunt for a 200 (but only around the £8K mark). I'm guessing that will net me a highish miles, out of warranty, cup. Does that sound about right?

My question is this:

I really want Recaros and I'd like speedlines too, is it realistic to expect this within an £8K budget?

Anyway, I've REALLY missed my 197, it was the longest I have ever owned a car and was gutted when I traded it in. I cant wait to get back into an RS Clio. I'm off to check the classifieds!

Cheers :smiley:

Thanks for the links, much appreciated. As it happened I was just been browsing the classifieds!

I spotted the steve murrs one and it looks very nice! Just need the Elise to sell to free up the capitol :wink:

I think you'll easily find a 200 for that budget in the current market and with the new RS just coming out. If you buy privately I don't think you'll need to go for a high miler either if that bothers you at all.

p.s. this may be virtually herecy but whilst the recaros are a desirable option for resale I don't actually think they're that great a seat TBH. Day to day I'd rather be in the standard seats and on track some good buckets.

I get what you say about the Recaros but they appeal to me. I looked at a lot this afternoon on the web but a load for sale don't seem to have them, they were around £850 to spec weren't they?

Looks like it might be a bit of a waiting game, will just have to keep my eye on the classifieds and see what turns up. Hunting is part of the fun though :wink:

It's a cup and without air con by the looks of it. IMHO overpriced.

Again IMO you will get a full fat with recaros for your 7k without much of a wait.

It's a cup and without air con by the looks of it. IMHO overpriced.

Again IMO you will get a full fat with recaros for your 7k without much of a wait.
He's never going to find a 200 full fat for 7k. Maybe a 197 (Mine just cost me 7.2k with 42k miles, but a 200 as stated would be around the 10k mark still.

Poverty Spec.

If you have 8k ( & don't fancy coming to Kent :wink:

then find the best specced non recaro Full Fat 200 you can & haggle the life out if it- then retro fit the Recaros for 1k.

S

Hey all,

I'm thinking about going for a look at this car:

http://www.dtmcars.co.uk/used-cars/...0-cup-3dr-newcastle-upon-tyne-201320514030957

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Looks okay to me, highish miles and the steering wheel looks to have suffered a little but it does have recaros and looks pretty nice in white.

Thanks for any thoughts, I could try and get the reg and see if anyone knows it?

All the best,

-Mark.

I really miss my Elise and have a 200 cup with Recaros and speedlines....

link to your advert?

I really miss my Elise and have a 200 cup with Recaros and speedlines....

link to your advert?

Sorry mate, Elise sold yesterday. It was a magnetic blue S2 111s. Spent £3k on it this year and wasn't expecting to sell.

will head along for a test drive of that cup today. Budget is a firm £7k so won't bull**** the guy, if he lets me drive it grand, if not ill just have to wait it out.

thanks for all the responses chaps.