Drifting

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
I have just sat and watched - sorry wasted - 10mins of my life whilst tuned in to motors tv. I am sorry, but I just don't see the point in it at all. They enter the arena and exit it in around 10 secs, thats it.

BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG :thumbdown:

discuss.

I have just sat and watched - sorry wasted - 10mins of my life whilst tuned in to motors tv. I am sorry, but I just don't see the point in it at all. They enter the arena and exit it in around 10 secs, thats it.

BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG :thumbdown:

discuss.

I agree. They could at least do it until the tyres explode. Tis over too quickly.

Just been watching that too Adrian, the ''D1'' I believe?

There's some skill to it no doubt, but it's sh!t really. I just don't get it. I don't get why you'd want to do it, or why you'd pay to watch it. I've seen it live and meh, left me a bit non-arsed about it all. The cars on the otherhand were superb, they really do put the time in on the tuning and engineering side. But, it does NOTHING for me as a ''sport''.

Just been watching that too Adrian, the ''D1'' I believe?

yes, thats the one. I agree about the engineering on the cars but I just can't see the point spending all that cash on something that takes 15 secs to complete.

I saw that vid of Chris Harris in the AMG the other day. Just goes to show how much we take a tyre for granted.

Got to love Monkey, 60PSI Spacesavers!!! :smiley:

That's heroic, literally anything could've happened!!! :smiley:

Maybe I have a different perspective given I hate spectating unless it involves taking pictures but I've really enjoyed it when I've been:
4655161657_699f9fa024_m.jpg

It's quite entertaining if you like the cars and the noise, it's a bit hard to follow who's 'winning' though.

Every time I have watched the drifting, I have really enjoyed it. Sometimes you get a bit of rubber in the face too! Lol! I want to try and go to see the championship this year. I just love how they can control the car on the edge, without spinning it in clouds of smoke. The cars sound amazing too!

I can sometimes enjoy watching a bit of drifting but i think it does have a limited appeal.

It's one of those, 'fine on a 10 minute youtube video' but not an allday event on a windswept airfield type of things.

Similar Thread Suggestions