Down on power?

Karl_F

Gold Member
I've just taken the 200 for a power run. Haven't got a scanner so can't post the printout. The results are:

Run 1

Max power (bhp) 182 (7368RPM)
Max torque (ft-lb) 150 (5524RPM)
Max Speed (MPH) 125
Shift (MPH) 33,2
Temperature (c) 19,5
Pressure (HPa) 1003,0

Run 2

Max power (bhp) 184 (6962RPM)
Max torque (ft-lb) 152 (5506RPM)
Max Speed (MPH) 126
Shift (MPH) 33,2
Temperature (c) 19,5
Pressure (HPa) 1003,0

Is this to be expected? Car is completely standard with about 22-23k miles.

Thanks

Not wholly qualified to comment on this - but i do know 197's / 200's are nothing like Renaults 'badge designation' power-wise as stock.

I've seen "many" rolling road printouts of cars with manifolds, cat-back systems, a panel filter and then a remap ending up at anything from 192-198bhp.

So i would think that 184bhp in standard trim is perfectly normal. Also of course depends on what dyno, what day, what temp, what fuel, what operator etc etc. Not always comparing apples to apples.

not a million miles away from majority that

dont forget rolling raods are mainly a bit of a "guess" at times

As said above, very few of these come close to book figures. There are ones that run 195-200bhp out there with no mods but they are few and far between, just luck of the draw.

There's a sticky thread at the top of this sub-section on the forum with a load of RR graphs and figures in for you to compare: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?30911-RR-Printout-Thread

182-184bhp isn't a bad figure in fairness. With a cat back exhaust, panel filter and remap I bet you'd be clipping 190bhp... Just depends if you want to mess about modifying it! Sadly these are a pig to get more power out of and you could literally spend thousands and only end up with 220-230bhp, it's why most just go for a meg conversion as it's far more cost effective.