Double speed indicator

Hi all,

Quick question- today I've noticed my indicator flash speed has doubled only when indicating right. I've also noticed that the front right indicator isn't actually flashing but as far as I can see the bulb looks intact. Any ideas what could cause this & could the two be linked? Loose wire perhaps? :/ Would be grateful for any info that may help, thanks

yup, theres some kind of short in the wire. happened on my 172, all because i had a loose bulb i didnt fit correctly. indicating would flasg fast and if my lights were on, the rear brake light would go on and off. found the loose bulb, re-fitted it properly and all was fine. change your bulb that isnt working.

Just for future reference the double speed flash is there to indicate a blown bulb, so if you ever see it again it will be a blown bulb or defective circuits. Very rare there being a circuit fault nowadays :smile:

on my motorbike it does that when the light bulb is not working.
the two are linked but you say your bulb is fine, in that case you have a loose wire somewhere, but double check the bulb is gone before doing anything else.

how can you tell the bulb is ok by looking at it? i would change the non working bulb tbf.

I just meant that I couldn't see any visible wire damage inside the bulb but that's obviously not always the case because I've been to halfrauds to pick up a new bulb and now I'm all sorted! It's quite a handy feature really otherwise probably would have been a while before i noticed... cheers anyway glad it was as easy as that! :smile: