Door Repair

Paul

Platinum Member
Hey all, im stuck with a bit of a dilema at the moment. The other weekend when it was really windy my uncles car door blew into my passenger side and has caused a dint/scuffed paintwork. Took it to renault and they said it would involve re-spraying and a new sticker once the dint had been taken care of.

I got quite concerned when the renault tech giving the quote said it was 'unlikely' they will match the current colour. I have just managed to get rid of the scuffs by polishing, the dint isn't too noticable but its something that really bugs me (will get pic when i have chance).

The last thing i want is for the car to come back and there be a big difference. Im just wanting to know what anyone else would do...

mate i have this problem big time, i need the whole drivers side re-spraying and no way i am gonna get the colour to match

if the paint isnt cracked you could get a quality dent removal company to sort it :biggrin:

As above it sounds like a decent dent removal guy should sort it...maybe ask around a few garages/bodyshops and see who they use. If you keep getting the same name then you know they must be good.

If it does need painting...any decent bodyshop should be able to match it.

I used a dent removal guy on my old ST and he removed the dent fine. Charged me £25, the dent was about the size of a £2 coin. I guess yours it alot bigger if a door blew into the side though...

As people are quoting a dent guy should sort it out, on my old clio i just used to go round to my local bodyshop when the dent guy was there and get the dent taken out free of charge (my family give the bodyshop quite alot of jobs.)

But just be aware of the R27 vinyl :worried:

As people are quoting a dent guy should sort it out, on my old clio i just used to go round to my local bodyshop when the dent guy was there and get the dent taken out free of charge (my family give the bodyshop quite alot of jobs.)

But just be aware of the R27 vinyl :worried:

i know, i dont fancy forking out £108 to replace the sticker! ill have a ring round when i have a day off and get it sorted!