Dogs are not effective washmitts

I realised this on the way home from my girlfriends house tonight.

Young lad was walking his dog as I was driving up a narrow street and it decided to just run into middle of the road as I was driving past. Good job ive got good brakes, otherwise it would have been right under the car. I jumped out the car. Think the guy s**t his pants lol. Instantly apologised and kept doing so. I just said it was alright, aslong as the dog was ok. Had a quick look at the time at my bumper to see if the bugger had chipped the paint or anything which was fine.

Checked over again when I got home. Theres a nice clean patch where the fluffy dog had wiped off all the dirt and some swirls and a couple very light scuffs on there, which will come out very easily.

That spilt second, I thought id killed it ... Until I saw it fly up in the air.

So theres a lesson here... Washing/wiping down your car with a dog causes swirl marks and possible slight scuffs (if done at high speed :wink: ).

EDIT: Ill get some photos of the front end in the morning. Ill have chance to properly check over in the light then aswell.

Last edited:
What knid of dog was it though - if it is a coarse/wire haired breed that will explain the swirls. Next time try a poodle or one of these below....

Look this one even comes with a carry handle
womanandpoorpuppymk1.jpg

This one is a bigger but would be good for the diffuser/exhausts and panels...
Samoyed3.jpg

I dont know the breed of dog. It was quite fluffy from what I seen of it in my headlights :wink:. An Akita would be much better though... Softy soft.

Anyway, here's a photo I took earlier of some of the 'damage'.
5867389161_8d7a0a6d65_z.jpg
23/6/11 YOU HIT MY DOG! by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Theres a bit of a light scuff lower down, which will come out easily. There wasnt any marks further down the front end which surprised me.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chris General Chat 50