Dog bone engine mount, is it easy to change?

Looking at the underside of the car, the dog bone mount would appear to be straightforward to replace, aside from access being a bit tricky, is it as easy as it looks? Do you need to rock the engine forward to get it out / get the new one in? Any hints / tips?

TIA

looking at the underside of the car, the dog bone mount would appear to be straightforward to replace, aside from access being a bit tricky, is it as easy as it looks? Do you need to rock the engine forward to get it out / get the new one in? Any hints / tips?

Tia

why!!!!!!!!!!

Why? Because a worn dog bone will allow excess engine movement which can crack the manifold. My car has done 87k so it may allow more movement than it should.

Last edited:
In answer to your question yes it is as easy as it looks! Maybe rock the engine a little to pull it out and job done

Excellent, thanks, might be brave enough to have a crack at that in the drive then.

Woody - no, just looking at replacing with another standard part.

I got my mate to do it on his ramps, took him 1 minute to get the mount off (2 bolts iirc) and then about 30 to put the vibra technics mount on (aka ktec). He couldn't get the rear bolt to align properly with the thread, and ended up putting a nut on it, which I'm slightly sceptical about, but it seems to have done the trick and have noticed a massive improvement over standard mount that was on there.