Does it bother you?

All the things we have most are made in china.

Now everythings is made over there, we seem have none our made. Some are ok but some are sh*t & yes I know it cheap to buy over there.

Big problem is how the uk will cope? Most peoples out there are out of work or no job about.

Land rover are making over there too, will that infect uk land rover?

What will happen in next 10 year & does that worry you?

its bad as most industry has gone from here - its all "assembly plants" now just bolt stuff together...

not only that but the chinese market isnt a level playing field - most foreign cars are heavily taxed and not to mention the lack of control over the co2 and chemicals they poison the ground with :poke:

Even the stuff we ''recycle'' ends up there now.

We seperate it into our many bins, the council collect it and bale it, it gets shipped to China and they burn it!!! :smiley:

The quality always used to be bad from China but now they are really upping the anti, the knock on effect will be that China will no longer be "cheap".

As business grows over there so will the standard of living, wages will increase and so will the price of their products. This ultimately will lead to the strengthening of their currency which means it will no longer be the cheap option, give it 10 years and manufacturing will start to make a return to the UK and Europe.

The quality always used to be bad from China but now they are really upping the anti, the knock on effect will be that China will no longer be "cheap".

As business grows over there so will the standard of living, wages will increase and so will the price of their products. This ultimately will lead to the strengthening of their currency which means it will no longer be the cheap option, give it 10 years and manufacturing will start to make a return to the UK and Europe.

Exactly. It goes in a big cycle. The UK used to be predominantly manufacturing, then it moved onto services.

http://www.hsbcnet.com/gbm/global-insights/insights/2012/stephen-king-britain-problem.html

you assume the "government" will allow it.....just remember they use tanks over there in a different way :jedi:

China want to be a world player and they know that to do that they need to change, and it will change.

only on their terms!

its one thing saying it which they dont really and the other is actually having the will to do it which they havent or dont seem to have at the moment and our government suck up to them :swear:

they still have secret police over there and follow/observe foreigners

I don't see it as a problem as our labour is far too expensive to produce goods that you will buy a reasonable price for. I also agree that these things go in cycles.

Take call-centres for example. Many companies out sourced to India and are now advertising 'UK Call Centres' when trying to attract new business. The Indian call centre workers are cheap, polite and speak good English but they can't empathise with the customer so deliver a poor service.

Not quite the same situation but shows we work in a world market. England gave up being a manufacturer a long time ago. Now (and always) we are the inventors of the world.

Take call-centres for example. Many companies out sourced to India and are now advertising 'UK Call Centres' when trying to attract new business. The Indian call centre workers are cheap, polite and speak good English...

dont know who you speak to but the ones i have dealt with are total rubbish :argue:

I don't think that there is a correlation between the unemployment rates in the UK and manufacturing in China.... Let's be honest, i don't see many unemployed being eager/willing to do the same jobs. I've watched a few documentaries where many unemployed have admitted so, it's better for them to stay at home and receive benefits then get payed minimum wage :wink:

The chinese copyright laws are shocking.

What copyright, BMW took a Chinese company to court because they blatantly copied a X3, the only things missing were the BMW badges. It was thrown out of court because in the Chinese judges opinion it looked nothing like the Beemer.. :rofl:

just been doing wrapping xmas presents this evening.

the scissors is crap & it say made in china....f***ing hell! lol