does anyone know..?

where the best places is to lok for an r26 engine and gear box?? i've been looking but no luck so i am guessing i'm looking in the wrong place?

In a Megane??? Lol :smiley:

Seriously though probably Ebay, Pistonheads or breakers yards are going to be the only places I can think of!

Its the same story as the 197 engine - they are like rocking horse poo! Its a question of being in the right place at the right time. Have you looked on Megane forums and asked if anyone knows of one!?

Its the same story as the 197 engine - they are like rocking horse poo! Its a question of being in the right place at the right time. Have you looked on Megane forums and asked if anyone knows of one!?

one thing i havent done :smile: ta dude, ive found an r26 gear box, just need the rest

Hahaha that would be superb! Ill keep you in mind if I stumble across one! I want to see how this turns out

Hahaha that would be superb! Ill keep you in mind if I stumble across one! I want to see how this turns out

i got pee'd off by highly modded corse vxrs beating me around the ring, soooooo bring them on next year lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol yeah need to put them back in their place! I can imagine it will torque steer like a bu66er though! Get it done before christmas and the missus will be able to buy you a remap as a pressie lol!

i hvae been overed the whole lot for 2k

That the guy from RS who 'had some tucked away?'

Its £80 per BHP so its up to you what you make of it really. Its by far the most efficient way of getting more power out of the car IMO, which is ironic that you have to get another engine to make any real improvements!

That the guy from RS who 'had some tucked away?'

Its £80 per BHP so its up to you what you make of it really. Its by far the most efficient way of getting more power out of the car IMO, which is ironic that you have to get another engine to make any real improvements!

was gonna go down the 2.3 route and throttle boddies but with an n/a engine, big bhp but i'll get soooo little torque