Delighted with my 197 on track!

So today I completed a track day at Llandow!
Was an awesome day, and I know the clio is a very good handling car, but today it really showed itself to be a top quality car!

I always felt in control, even when pushing in nasty weather the car was letting me know how hard I could push! It's a standard 197 on eibach springs.

One thing that did annoy me was people not getting out of the way! I went in to this knowing to leave my ego at the gate, so if anyone caught me up I let them pass ASAP! But some people didnt like the fact a Renault was able to handle the conditions alot better than said Subaru or even the M3, leading to them pushing too hard and spinning!

But overall I think I've caught the bug for trackdays! Next one in some better weather though hopefully!

I didn't take many pics or videos, but ill keep an eye out as I know some lads where recording!

Did take this after the 4th session lol

677B5CF0-CEF7-49D8-86A2-45C3AA0D4D2B-2262-0000017CD25B91FF.jpg

Good lad, bet you've been looking at dates for your next one already!!! :smiley:

You will get idiots on any trackday, some companies attract more than others though. Just stay calm when you're behind them as you don't want to end up making a mistake and putting yourself off. If there's anything you're not happy with then just mention it to the TDO staff on the day and they'll have a word with the offending people.

I did this in my 172.

Had to let Tom pass a few times I'm not going to lie. Need better tyres! I span off on my first session haha. no damage though.

Yes I had a few issues of some people not moving out of the way, and if they did keep their foot on the the accelerator. Not what track days are about!

All in all a good day!!

Yeah, and in all honesty it was the older guys who were being stubborn!

Guy in a mg midget with a k series engine in it... Think he thought it was some sort of lotus exige!!

Did feel for the guy in the M3 though, he was all over the place!

Loved how sure footed the clio felt though!

You always get people who won't let you pass or even lift after indicating....

EVEN of official RS days.

Worst are the twonks who haven't the balls to take a corner at any kind of speed yet have a lot more straight line speed, you end up queuing behind them, catching them at every turn. I've had 2-3 cars including me following a guy round doing this, not sure whether he just didn't like the look of me or was just an arse but I'd bet on the second tbh.

Most people are very considerate though, the RS days are good as there isn't really much of a speed differential between cars. Hope to get to as many as possible this coming year myself.

Last track day I did I was at 9.9mpg. Glad you enjoyed it.

I know what you mean about other people in there more powerful cars thinking they own the place. Well you know what they say... 'all the gear, no idea'

Was a good day :smile:

Nice to meet you both again!

Matt, was gutted I missed you too. Only by a couple of minutes

The clio is amazing on track, even better on a set of decent coilovers! When I went to the nurburgring I overtook a lot of 'faster' cars, even a gt3 RS!

Llandow is great for the little Clio as its such a small track with 70% being in the bends, been there twice now, once in my 197 and again recently in the 200. 197 felt quicker and more sure footed than the 200. But it was the cup! :smile: