Decat needed for crackle map?

Sorry guys if this has been answered before. Did a google search and found nothing. Do u need a decat for a crackle map as on overrun some unburnt petrol is chucked into the exhaust which i beileve would break down the cat (am I right?).

Not entirely sure on this tbh.

Thanks.

I've only seen videos/posts on Facebook with decat so I would expect so, Ask them on Facebook or give them a ring.

When I spoke to ktech they said I would need to remove the pre cat in the manifold and the other cat, I've seen videos of the just the standard cat removed an sounded good, I think with both cats removed you will get flames!

Dont need to have pre cat removed, but also depends on what exhaust system you have also, but also depending on how much pop and bangs you want, if you want lots then get the de cat, if you want a few keep it in, and if you want lots with flames, get pre and de cat :smile:

Thanks for your responses. Iv'e never actually seen a video of a clio with crackle map that still has the cat (all been decats). That's why I'm lead to believe it needs to be decat.

Thanks for your responses. Iv'e never actually seen a video of a clio with crackle map that still has the cat (all been decats). That's why I'm lead to believe it needs to be decat.

Yeah i think just because people want the most amount of pops, but i think i'm the worst for that :O pre cat soon hahaha

Can't wait to hear your mate, interesting to see if there will be much of a flat spot with both out!

thanks! Hopefully there wont be at all! k-tec mapped it to take the pre cat and induction when i was down there so fingers crossed :thumbup: