De-cat my 197

Hey Guys

Hope you are all okay and im sure everyone is starting to enjoy the driving in the sunshine.. I've been out for hours in my baby..

Little problem that I have been having serious issues with over the last few months but now I have a plan. My Janspeed sports cat is completely blocked due to all the air in take being wrong from the previous owner.

I have booked it in at the Garage on Thursday to get it de-cat decision made after hearing all the videos of others it was love at first hear! £20.00 Bargain for fitting but has asked me to get the pipe for them.

Does anyone know where the best place is to get the de-cat pipe.? Don't mind spending a bit of money but cant afford to replace the sports cat at the moment due to costing to much.

Help needed guys :worried:

I have a friend who will MOT my car for me... Friends in need and all that :smile: Thanks Ryan just purchased the KTEC de-cat pipe now.. Pretty excited to get it done and then next month get it re-mapped as everyone has said there is a flat spot which can be helped with re-map.

Dont bother! The standard unit is free flowing enough, Matt @ TDF reckons you're wasting your time

100 Cell sorry what is that.? Might be a really dumb question but not great. Not worried about a MOT because I can get that sorted easily..

The cells in the CAT.
More cells the slower the gasses pass through (but cleans them better)
Standard cats are 400 cell (i think)
Sports cats are usually 100 or 200 cell
De cat would be 0 cell

Okay I get that one.. But that's the point I physically cant afford to replace the CAT at the moment but with it being blocked its gonna be easier to de-cat for the time being and go from there. Many other people have tried it so will give it a go and see how I get on. If not I will just have to get a new Cat it has previously had on the Janspeed Sports Cat.!

100 Cell sorry what is that.? Might be a really dumb question but not great. Not worried about a MOT because I can get that sorted easily..

But you SHOULD be worried about the flat spot.

If you have the car mapped then it will help iron it out if you went down the de-cat road, i wouldnt recommend it though, will add another 300-400 quid on.