DAS-6 pro

i have a das 6 not the pro, it is good it is recommended a lot on detailing world
as you probably already know it will never give a good as finish as a rotary polisher

What's the difference Between that and a das-6 pro, as that's what I was going to get!

I think the DAS-6 pro is slightly more powerful.

But in a dual action machine polisher, more power is not necessarily any better. Most users probably wouldn't use the additional power.

Personally, I'd rather have either a standard dual action or a rotary.

I've got one of these (DAS-6) and I'm very happy with it. As Sykes said though it is easier to get better finishes with a rotary. If I were I buy one again I probably would go down the rotary route tbh as I know no that unless you a total loon your not gonna hurt anything with a rotary.

Personally, I'd rather have either a standard dual action or a rotary.[/QUOTE]

So whats the best rotary you have on offer?could be swayed toward one rather than a DAS-6 pro.

the das 6 is very good im quite new to machine polishing myself, me and me dad did his 01 polo with it i was very pleased with the results and we didnt spend
that much time on it, the one thing im struggling with is removing scratches with it it can be done but i think a rotary is better for removing scratches and correction work they just scare me as its very easy to mark the paint with a rotary if not carfull, where a da (das 6) its not possible to mark the paint really once you apply to much pressure it stops spining

i would say go for a dual action if your not planning on doing loads of correction work they are brilliant for getting a shine, i got this package
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machi...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_522.html

the buff daddy will be very good too, i just went down the das6 route because of the price of the package

^^^ me too.

Sykes from what I've seen and read doing damage with a rotary is possible but not the inevitable disaster it sometimes gets made out to be. The other month a few of us were up at Swissvax for an 'idiots guide to detailing' type day and their instructor leant on his for about 20seconds in the same spot, with no damage. In fact he swore that he could have smoke coming from the pad before irreparably damaging the paint.

This is the reason I'd go for Rotary given the choice again. As it is I'm still happy with my DAS6-pro :smile: