Custom Intake

Ok all, i have heard a lot of stories how clios 197/200 are most likely to loose power if you do something to the intake..

Well I made my own custom intake and i had quiet big gains. with No name carbon airbox that i payed 40euros + the air feed...

I have tested the car with my friends toyota corolla TS 192bhp that has remapp, exhaust and intake done on his car.

His car was always faster by 2-3 lenghts up to 190km/h and then after 200km/h he would start going even further.
So we tried racing on the highway for 5-7 times and it was always the same. So then i went to garage and within 2 hours i fitted my custom intake, then drove the car for like 30km around, filled petrol..

The results were amazing, the throttle response was much better, the car pulled much better, and the sound was sick! :smile:

We raced, and i was in front of Toyota up to 200km/h by 1 lenght of a car, and then at 200 km/h he came right next to me...

We tried another 8 times and it was the same story..
I think that gaining 4-5 lenghts of the car is a very good result.. The car worked perfectly as soon as i fitted it, there was no flatspots, or missfires....

The outside temperature was 9degees celsius.. So it was quiet cold..

Here are the pics of my intake...:smile:

interesting .... where is the air feed going? did you went down to the grill or just behind the headlight?

interesting .... where is the air feed going? did you went down to the grill or just behind the headlight?

The air feed is going right behind the light, but there is a nice cold air getting from there, even though i will fit the main air feed from the grill :smile:

i would like to give this a go, where did you get the carbon can from?

I got my airbox in the Local shop here in Serbia :tongueout: i have no idea about the brend...

Yes, i know but the problem is that everyone here is saying, that you will lose power if u set it up with maxogen with no remapp.. I donno...

I have a maxogen setup with no map and feels ok pulls good low down and top end and no flat spots,will be getting a map in march time so will see a before and after,K-tec say they have tested a few 200's with no map and had gains.

Last edited:
well if ktec fitted them and didnt make a gain they wouldnt tell people that would they, especially at £300 a pop. spoke to a number of tuners and they all said they are crap on clios,no offence to people who have.

think the £300 a pop puts a lot of the maxogen,may be the placebo effect but mine dose pull better.I no Henderson has had proven gains with his.

Can you give some details about the filter dimensions like overall diameter, length, in and out diameter holes?

Looks like a tight fit. Doesn't make noises when is vibrating or moving around from engine running?