Custom Exhaust

Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Need a new exhaust fitted and tempted by the cat back Scorpion.
Has anyone any experience (good or bad) with a custom fitted jobby from various retailers?
I've found a couple of places near me (Powerflow & Rtech) that will make and fit for a little bit under the Scorpion cost.
Haven't read of many clios running them which is bit off putting!

Any thoughts appreciated

Depends how loud you want it. I'd personally stick with a tried and tested Scorpion as I definitely want a quiet(ish) resonated system and would be taking too high a risk with a custom job.

Reactions: Big Ben
Id go with the scorpion, its tried and tested and will soon great.

The best sounding exhaust in my opinion is the akrapovic, but shortly behind that was actually a custom exhaust that was on a black 197 on one of the yorkshire trips last year, couldn't tell you who's it was or what exhaust though, just remember them saying it was a custom exhaust, really did sound great.

Scorpion every time over that or a custom. Akra is a different animal and a different price-point to be fair..........

if you want to experiment then go for a custom one..all it takes is to be a bit adventurous..
but as above,scorpion,ktr,miltek etc will sound great..

Can't stretch to an Akra unfortunately!
Would like to go custom but don't know where I'd stand if I didn't like the sound of it...
Best part of £600 fitted either way so not something to get wrong

Depends how loud you want it. I'd personally stick with a tried and tested Scorpion as I definitely want a quiet(ish) resonated system and would be taking too high a risk with a custom job.
Ideally bit louder than standard. Maybe bit deeper note as well

Years ago I had a power flow system put on on my Zetec-S (first car). To be fair it was great, sounded spot on and the fit was perfect. That being said power flow and the like are a franchise so the quality can vary from place to place. So it's defiantly worth doing your homework and reading reviews online before deciding who to go with if going down the custom route.

I've got a Milltek resonated system on my 197 and for me it's perfect. Not too in your face but sounds very nice. When pottering around town it gives a nice burble to let you know it's there but it isn't boomy, also get the odd cheeky pop and bang from it when changing gear. Press the loud pedal and get it up past 4krpm and it becomes a lot more vocal, you can hear the car come on cam too at around 5k which is nice.

Reactions: Big Ben
Edging towards a Scorpion or Milltek. Don't think I'll risk a custom.

Engine Dynamics do a package where they fit exhaust and re-map car afterwards.
Shuv put up glowing reviews of them so have contacted them about prices.

Edging towards a Scorpion or Milltek. Don't think I'll risk a custom.

Engine Dynamics do a package where they fit exhaust and re-map car afterwards.
Shuv put up glowing reviews of them so have contacted them about prices.

Asan aside - they have a fantastic offer on a complete full belt change, camshaft seals, water-pump, new coolant etc etc etc of £583 inc VAT on right now......

Andy the owner is a top-man.

Asan aside - they have a fantastic offer on a complete full belt change, camshaft seals, water-pump, new coolant etc etc etc of £583 inc VAT on right now......

Andy the owner is a top-man.
Spoke to Andy today and I'm booking in for a Scorpion cat back exhaust and a re-map asap.
Just waiting on stock of exhaust to confirm booking. Quite excited!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Spoke to Andy today and I'm booking in for a Scorpion cat back exhaust and a re-map asap.
Just waiting on stock of exhaust to confirm booking. Quite excited!

Scorpion had no stock when i wanted one. Was supposed to be 4 weeks before the parts were due to be produced in their program....but ended up as longer. And only then could i book in for a remap, and as Andy was hyper-busy: that was like a further 3 weeks.

You going for resonated ? Its "enough" if your an oldie and just want a nice tone with a random burble now and again.

You'll love it.

Yes resonated sounds to be the one I'm after.
Hopefully won't have to wait to long....