Cup shocks cracked?!

So when fitting my H&R springs today the top Allen bolt on the front shocks cracked. So I'll need a new shock, anyone know where you can buy these from? I'll need the cup shock to match the rest of the suspension. Cheers!

I'd not want to be fitting just one shock tbh buddy, you'll probably find that one throwing the balance of the car off with it being new and stiffer and the others being old.

What the mileage on yours?

I'd at least be buying a new pair for the same axle. Like two front, or two rear.

no real detriment to the actual working of the damper - I would leave it until it actually needs a replacement one

I'd not want to be fitting just one shock tbh buddy, you'll probably find that one throwing the balance of the car off with it being new and stiffer and the others being old.

What the mileage on yours?

I'd at least be buying a new pair for the same axle. Like two front, or two rear.

Yeah get them as a pair? I'll do that, might just fork out for some updated ones, cheers bud!

I would not worry about it. If you need the nut back off you just use a windy gun, I never use the hex part, you either do what you have done or snap the Allen key. Windy gun with a socket on when the suspension is under load, so the nut is hand tight, then when the strut is off and the spring compressed just un screw the nut, refit is the same, hand tight then windy gun.

Last edited:
I would not worry about it. If you need the nut back off you just use a windy gun, I never use the hex part, you either do what you have done or snap the Allen key. Windy gun with a socket on when the suspension is under load, so the nut is hand tight, then when the strut is off and the spring compressed just un screw the nut, refit is the same, hand tight then windy gun.

Naa I never use the Allen part either, but the gun was at work. They shouldn't have Allen part there if they're not strong enough! Barely used any force and the other came off no problem.