cup racer brakes?

Standard Discs & Calipers
Ferodo DS1.11, DS2500, DS3000 or Carbone Lorraine Pads

I would imagine that they're modified post-Cup use...

Purely going off the sales brochure, but I stand to be corrected. :smile:

Surprising they would use standard discs...
I take it they will be using a DOT 5.1 and some sort of braided lines aswell?

The standard discs are more than ample, I would think they change them fairly frequently anyway.

Fluid wise I'm not sure to be honest, again it's probably something that's changed often.

They might use DOT4 as that's race fluid I believe. They don't need hugely beefed up brakes cos they have quite a bit less weight and slicks, so just changing pads gives desired performance and helps cut costs, win win. Reckon they must get through quite a few pads though lol

There are some Dot 4 fluids with a higher boiling point than Dot 5 fluid so I'd suggest that's what they would use. Though I've no real idea.

There are some Dot 4 fluids with a higher boiling point than Dot 5 fluid so I'd suggest that's what they would use. Though I've no real idea.

Motul RBF600 / RBF660 and ATE Super Blue Race fluid do for a fact, guess there are others out there as well.

Standard Discs

Front; Ferodo DS1.11
Rear; DS2500

DOT 4 fluid in Team Pyro's this year.

3 Sets a weekend :thumbsup:

In Formula Ford we maybe go through 2 a weekend?

thats including friday testing too :smile:

well ive just put DS2500 on all round just short of £200 they should last me till next year.

so 2 lots of pads for a weekend just short of £400 or do Formular Ford get them cheap through sponsers?

well ive just put DS2500 on all round just short of £200 they should last me till next year.

so 2 lots of pads for a weekend just short of £400 or do Formular Ford get them cheap through sponsers?

Well we use Mintex through sponsorship. We still pay for pads and discs, but its like 65%ish

In return for their sticker on our car, we also get use of their track in leeds :smile: Proflex also give us a similar deal.