Cup Chassis

I know it comes with stiffer springs and dampers. Also red claipers and black wheels.

Is there actually any difference to the chassis appart from the stiffer springs and damers?

Structural improvements etc...
:confused1:

Yeah im with russ on this one, when I drove them both back to back I just didnt see the point in buying a non cup packed one. UNLESS your doing mega miles or your a real motorway muncher and need the smoother ride. Everyone else Go Hard Or Go Home!! :wink:

I know it's a tad off topic (I don't know that there are any other differences than those discussed already) but I'm not so sure the automatic assumption should always be for the cup chassis. I'd say it's dependant on what type of roads you drive on regularly and whether you plan on track days.

Whilst I do own a 200 with cup chassis and personally I think I would actually always go for the option I was driving on some of my local country roads last weekend for a spirited run as you do and the quality of those roads is not great. Quite rough tarmac, undulating, lots of gradient changes and to be honest the cup chassis can struggle to keep up, there isn't the suspension travel and damping to handle them. I'm by no means saying its bad or hard work I just thought at the time that I bet the standard chassis would handle it with a touch more composure, being softer and with that bit more travel. Long motorway hauls might also be slightly better although to be honest on my drive to the 'Ring and Spa earlier in the year I thought my 200 with cup chassis handled it all really really well... and the cup chassis did of course come into its own on the track.

I guess this is why people have developed expensive adjustable dampers or the new electronic/magentic controlled ride systems - best of all worlds all the time at the flick of a knob or twirl of a dial. I just think the non-cup chassis gets a bad rep for little reason and based on driving patterns could be suitable for more people than buy it.

....I had my car along side a car without the cup chassis at the show room this lunch time....I tried to get a feel for the differences between the two set ups by pressing down on the wheel arches and rocking the cars from side to side....couldn't feel any difference there....but I'm certain the steering is faster on the cup chasis and on the road you definately feel the difference.....even between my 197 cup and the upgraded cup chassis on the 200....I agree Cup Pack should be the law.....