Cup Chassis VS no Cup Chassis

I think I'd go for the sport over cup if I was going to get one. My old 197 with 'sport' suspension had more control over uneven ( talking roads that are in really back nick here ) surfaces in comparison to the cup chassis.

That and the fact I'm not so keen on the red Brembo's

I have a non cup 197, driving about 25 kilometres to work on pretty good roads, done 70k km during 2,5 years and I think it is stiff enough for me, I will not be ordering cup chassis with my next clio ( plans are to get a 200 ) but would definitely get cup chassis if I was ordering a 250 for sure,

Neither is a bad option in all fairness. Shame renault deny us the optimum day to day set-up, cup rack with sport suspension.

I want the same as you. The cup suspension isn't the best compromise for UK roads. The non cup puts power down easier IMO.

Someone has already linked to the thread I started on the same topic and I'm still very glad that I got the cup chassis, don't regret it at all!

Cup or Sport, I've driven both and they are both good, either way, it's still a fab' car.

It "makes" the car if you ask me... do you want a reasonably quick Clio or a road weapon... thats as much difference as i saw on the with or without debate :smile:

Do you read the post in which a user tell that the cup suspension for model year 2010 is different compare to the 2009 model? It seems that at very low speed the car is more comfortable:wink:
I think that probably Renault use some progressive different spring....