crackle map

[MENTION=1806]MikeH[/MENTION] Only had the map a few weeks. Two of my mates have had there maps since last year tho and still no kangarooing. if my car was still kangarooing after a £354 remap I wouldn't be happy at all, would you?? Paul said bring it straight back if I have any issues with it, so that's exactly what I would be doing if it was still kangarooing :smile: maybe the cars you've been in went to ktec for a remap haha

Both my cars run on pauls maps!!

Good maps especially on the 182, he did a very good job, especially after the so called timing belt issue a renault misdealer had carried out and then mapping the car to suit its current guise, hes also mapped a close friends 197 a couple of times, and that wasnt the smoothest ride ive ever had....

However, id never say the cars have felt smoother to drive afterwards, especially when cold, and the same goes for several others ive drove!

if you care to check the rstuning section you will see ive thanked paul and andy on a few occasions!

You forgot to add make the car as smooth as a kangaroo on a trampoline to drive when cold!! And not much better when warm!

Not sure what your talking about as my 200 has the Ktec crackle map & it totally transformed the way the car drives by increasing torque throughout & the improvement in drivability is night & day.
It definitely does not hiccup/kangaroo at all.
Perhaps a poor selection of components or crap fuel or something is the issue with the cars your referring to as mine is now smoother to drive than when brand new.

Different map steve, ive not tried a ktec map since they moved away from the fastchip/rstuning maps

I don't think only the map can be to blame for the "kangaroo effect"... (love that name LOL)

But on a serious note, I'm pretty sure other mods make a difference, especially where airflow is concerned. Exhaust, Decat, manifold, Etc Etc... All the hardware needs to be accommodating each other properly before the map can be blamed.

I always believe a map is to extract the most out of the hardware, and not to fix the incompatibility of hardware components... I could be wrong, as I only speak from my own experiences...

Peace

Yes that's very true, as is always the case when modding a car getting the right combination is imperative.

From my experience the Ktec map is definitely not as aggressive in the flame/pop/bang department as some others but from a performance & drivability view its superb.

Whether the result would be the same for someone running a 197 rather than 200 & a different exhaust/manifold combo is debatable.

But I will say that the figures a particular map makes on a dyno is not important compared to how the car drives/responds, so don't be guided at all by what BHP someone says his car made on the dyno as it really is only comparable against the figures his own car made pre & post tune.

Last edited:
Yes that's very true, as is always the case when modding a car getting the right combination is imperative.

From my experience the Ktec map is definitely not as aggressive in the flame/pop/bang department as some others but from a performance & drivability view its superb.

Whether the result would be the same for someone running a 197 rather than 200 & a different exhaust/manifold combo is debatable.

But I will say that the figures a particular map makes on a dyno is not important compared to how the car drives/responds, so don't be guided at all by what BHP someone says his car made on the dyno as it really is only comparable against the figures his own car made pre & post tune.
Yeah totally agree with the above. every remap is different as is every car, so as long as your happy with how your car drives after the map then thats all that matters. :smile: