crackle map

Does having a crackle map do any harm to the car, I haven't fitted it yet but I have the oreca system and the toyosports manifold so no cats, also woud it reduce the efficiency of the engine as performance is the primary concern over the sound
thanks

I doubt it does the exhaust valves any good, there a weak point as it is, I wouldn't want to put much more heat into the stems of them.

Loads of people have the crackle map mate, never heard of it wrecking a clio or any other car yet so...........

I have the crackle map fitted to my 200 with Akrapovic system & Toyosports manifold (no cats) & I found the increase in performance/drivability is excellent as my car had not been remapped at all since the mods.
Although the car does pop & bang a bit (when provoked to do so) it already did this before the remap anyway thus i've no reason to expect any damage to the engine whatsoever as a result of the remap.
Plenty of these maps have been fitted by several tuners & if there was an issue it would be known of by now. Any statements to the contrary are purely speculative, the tuners know what they are doing.

Last edited:
When I had one of the first 'pops and bangs' map on my 182, the amount of people who said I'd damage the car, get bore wash and other things was crazy. Never had one issue other than it getting a bit annoying after a while.

I've followed Cliosport.net for a while and not seen any issues caused by that map so can't see how this would either?

Dont you get flames by adding the crackle though?
If you have a full de cated system?

you need a fully decated system to run a crackle map properly or it will just et into the pre cat and then if you try a warranty job you will be waiting months !

but as for the flames it all depends on who is maping the car and how accurate they are with mapping as you can have a slight crackle or full on crackle pop bang flame thrower map ,

Paul at rs tunning is very good and do just about any type of crackle you ask for

I wouldn't mind a flutter byt performance is the key, I don't want the amazing sounds if the performance has to suffer. So does having the chitty chitty bang bang effect, reduce the engines ability to work at its best, and my car will be doing trackdays here and there so I don't want to be kicked out.

My 197 cup got a full "pop bang flame map" from RS tuning and it produced 198bhp and 170ftbs of torque so no there is no loss in performance what so ever. All it does is dump fuel into the exhaust.

My 197 cup got a full "pop bang flame map" from RS tuning and it produced 198bhp and 170ftbs of torque so no there is no loss in performance what so ever. All it does is dump fuel into the exhaust.

You forgot to add make the car as smooth as a kangaroo on a trampoline to drive when cold!! And not much better when warm!

Oh right, not like the few ive drove or been in then, how long has the map been on for now?