Cornering and Main beam bulbs

Going to replace the cornering bulbs soon along with the main beam bulbs too.

My understanding at the moment is that the cornering bulbs are H7 fitment and simply are replaced with whatever you choose.

The main beam however, how does this work? I have xenons so as i understand it the main beam at the moment is a bulb which comes on when i flick on the main beam, this bulb is seperate to the xenon bulb?

So basically what im saying is, can i just replace the main beam bulb with one i choose or does it have to be something specific because of the nature of it only being used for main beam? I thought most bulbs that are not xenon kind of have like two parts to them, the normal dipped beam and then another bit kind of "fires" up when you flick the main beam on.

I just dont want to get some main beam bulbs to then find out they arent high powered enough to do the job you see!

Please help! FOXSPEED

Cornering bulbs are straight swap with whatever H7 you want.

Main beam are also H7 which just have a single filament. The bulbs you're thinking of are H4 which do dipped and main beam but these are only used on older cars with smaller headlights. The clio has the two seperate bulbs (Xenon dipped, halogen main) which means you use 2 single filament bulbs.

Aaaaaah! So am I looking for a specific H7 main beam bulb or will any good quality H7 bulb do?

Just asking because there's clearly a difference in power from H7 cornering light and H7 main beam?

Any H7 bulbs is fine for cornering and main beam.

Cornering bulbs don't work on mine as my car originally had reflector lights but I would guess they're not as bright because they shine down at the road more and maybe the reflector isn't as well designed.

If you want pure output then philips xtreme bulbs are pretty good, they're only slightly whiter than standard though so may want to look elsewhere if you're after the white look :smile:

the main beam bulb is normally a 55w! im not sure but its normally a different kind of bulb cos is a larger watt. H1 maybe. H7 have a 2connection plug to power them, H1 have 1 connection.

i may be wrong

probably